Chapter 12

As we step toward Baya's apartment, music blares from the thin walls. I leave Jeremii with a wave. His eyes are still stern and don't reveal any emotion, much less the emotion connected to the episode that had occurred only moments before. He promises another appointment in the near future and is gone, his footsteps drowned out by the intensity of the music. I slip into the apartment and stop short, watching the scene unfold before me. Baya dances and sings loudly along with the song sounding from a Player as she wipes at a counter set in the back of a small, cluttered apartment.

I smirk and start forward, dodging around the tight room. The setup makes it hard to maneuver. It is more like an obstacle course in her apartment than a living space. She doesn't notice me. Any move I make is masked by the music, so that I move along stealthily. I've never thought to I could be stealthy in my life. 

Her voice is incredibly off tune with the singer in the song, and her dancing doesn't match the beat. She still sings at the top of her lungs regardless, and even laughs to herself when she misses a note or sings the wrong word.

As I'm nearing her at the counter, her dancing brings her to turn. I freeze where I'm at as her eyes open and she steps forward. When her eyes land on me, they widen and she jumps back into the counter, screaming. "Taeo!" She yells over the music. "Didn't hear you! I'm sorry!"

I nod and wave my hand, laughing slightly. She hurries past me to the Player and presses at the touch screen until the music is gone. "Everyone on the floor hates my music, but I can't help my vices." Her face is flushed. "I didn't think you'd be back this soon."

She's embarrassed I caught her in this moment. Now she is frazzled as she hurries around her apartment, grabbing bedding and towels from obscure places around the main room. She pulls a pillow from a cupboard over her sink. "Stuff so you can sleep--" She moves past me again and I grab her by the shoulders and spin her around. Her wide eyes look innocent. "What is it?"

I take the bedding from her and set it on the sofa, then sit. I take a deep breath and fall back into the cushions. She laughs, reading into my signal. "Sorry. I just want to make you feel at home." She puts the towel on the table and sits by me. "The shower's ready if you want it, too." She thinks for a moment. "I don't have people over. I don't know how to host somebody."

I smirk and place the pillow behind my head before laying back, letting her calm herself. She's an external processor. If I let her work through her worry, she'll calm down. Her eyes have already returned to a normal size and the flush on her cheeks is almost nonexistent. Her blonde hair is a mess around her fair-skinned face. She quickly moves her hands to fix it as she continues on about the features of her small apartment, apologizing for the mess and space issues.

When she's done talking, I stand up and grab the towel, throwing it around my shoulders. I step over to the Player and glance back at her. Baya watches me with curiosity. I turn it back on. I almost stumble back when the first note starts to play, but quickly catch myself and shuffle toward the bathroom. I know I'm not a graceful dancer either. At one point, I almost trip over my own two feet.

Baya laughs the entire time, and to me that's all that matters.

--

A/N:

These next few scenes are some of my favorites! We get to dig into some of the characters are a bit more, and find out some pieces of their personality! Not much action, but I promise, once that comes, it will hardly stop! Take this slow pace to heart while you can!

Remeber to vote, comment, and add this to your Library if you enjoyed! I'd love to here ANY feedback, even if you hated this chapter! 

See you Friday!

Alisha :D