Chapter 31

Izzy's POV
Isabelle couldn't understand why was Alec so worried about leaving the kids with her, other than just because he's Alec. Anyway, she was great with kids.

"Yeah, I got it, bro." Isabelle said as Alec went on how she should call them if something happened and where the nearest hospital was in case of an emergency and how the kids shouldn't stay up too late or fight with each other. Why would they do that? Max and Rafe were a couple of sweethearts!

"Saying you got it, doesn't mean you got it. It doesn't convince me." Alec told her. "Actually listening to me and understanding what I'm saying, that's getting it."

"Okay, time to go, hun." Magnus said, taking Alec's hand in his. They really were a good couple, Isabelle had always thought so and never had she been proved wrong.

"Dads, go!" Said Max who was sitting next to Isabelle in the kitchen.

"Yeah, we're fine." Isabelle said.

"See? They're fine." Magnus said to Alec, pulling him with him. "Just come on."

"Alright." Alec said before turning to Izzy. "No scary movies, no stupid activities and remember to feed them."

"For the love of God, Alec. I'm not gonna forget to feed your kids." Isabelle said. "Besides, I think they're old enough to say they're hungry in case I hit my head and forget that little humans need food too."

"Fine. Have fun." Alec said to them.

"You too!" Isabelle said grinning. Magnus blew a kiss to Max before they walked out and Isabelle turned to Max. "What do you wanna do?" Max shrugged. "Any ideas?"

"We could play a board game!" The boy said then.

"Yeah, sure!" Isabelle said, clapping her hands together and stood up. "Let's go get Rafe to play with us!"

"Yeah!" Max said and stood up on the chair. "Piggyback ride!" Isabelle turned her back to him and he hopped on. She carried him upstairs.

"Okay, you go find the board game, I'll go get Rafe." Isabelle said and Max nodded before going to his room. Isabelle turned to Rafael's room but he already walked out of it. "We were just about to come get you!"

"I'm going over to a friend's house." Rafael said and walked downstairs.

"What? The hell you are." Isabelle said as she followd him and quickly corrected herself; "I mean no you're not."

"What? I already got premission from dads." Rafael said as he pulled his sneakers on.

"Are you lying to me?" Isabelle asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Cause you better not be because I'll call your dads and they'll kill you if you're trying to fool me to sneak out."

Rafael rolled his eyes. "Go ahead."

"I will." Isabelle said and took her phone out of her pocket, deciding to call Magnus instead of Alec because if Rafael didn't actually have premission and she'd say he was about to sneak out, Alec would turn the car around and storm here.

"Already?" Magnus answered the phone.

"Izzy! Is everything okay?" Alec asked in the background and Isabelle rolled her eyes, taking a hold of Rafael's jacket who was halfway out the door already.

"Yeah, everything's fine." Isabelle replied. "Is it okay if Rafe goes over to a friend?"

"Yeah, we agreed on that. Sorry we forgot to mention." Magnus said. "But it's okay."

"Oh, okay. Good." Isabelle said, letting go of the boy's jacket and showed him a thumb up. "Bye, then. Have fun, guys!" Isabelle said before hanging up the phone and turning to Rafael. "So, you're good to go."

"Great." Rafael said and walked out. "See you later!"

"Wait a second." Isabelle said, setting her hands on her hips. "You're gonna come home and spend some time with your brother also, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Curfew." Rafael said.

"When's your curfew?" Isabelle asked.

"Eleven." He replied and she raised a brow.

"Isn't that pretty late?"

Rafael shrugged. "You wanna call them again and ask them? Look, we've already planned and agreed on this stuff."

"Yeah, okay, go." Isabelle said and he smiled before closing the door after him.

"Where is he going?" A voice asked and Isabelle turned to see Max coming down the stairs with few boxes of games in his little arms.

"He went over to a friend's house. He'll be back." She replied. "So, what shall we play?"

"Monopoly first!" Max said.

"Okay, I'm gonna get all of your money." Isabelle said as they walked to the livingroom and Max giggled.

"No, you're not!" He said. "I'm gonna win!"

"You wish." Isabelle said, ruffling his hair affectionately and he laughed.

"Why is Rafe still gone?" Max complained as they were playing Jenga after two rounds of Monopoly and few slices of pizza.

"He has premission to be out until his curfew." Isabelle replied. "But maybe we could call him and ask if he would spend some time with us too."

Max frowned. "But it's almost ten o'clock."

"I know." Isabelle replied, wondering which wooden block to pull out next.

"Rafe's curfew is at nine." Max said frowning. "Seven on school nights."

"What?!" Isabelle shrieked more loudly than she had intended to. "Are you serious?" Max nodded, he looked serious. Little kids often did when they were giggling.

"God fucking dammit." Isabelle cursed. "I'm sorry, never repeat that." She said then and Max nodded again, still not looking amused. "Wait, it's almost ten o'clock indeed. You should be asleep."

"I'm not tired." Max argued.

"Go brush your teeth and put on your pyjama, I'm gonna call your brother and tell him to drag his ass back in here." She said and this time Max did grin a little. "Don't ever repeat that either." Isabelle said then and he nodded before going upstairs.

AN: Okay, I hope you liked this! I immediately had the idea of Izzy with the kids, I just had to! Especially since so many commented on the original story how much you love Izzy (let's face it, who doesn't?). It just makes me the happiest that people like how I write these characters🙈❤️
This story is almost over guys! But remember to follow me and stay tuned because I'm gonna publish my Malec Oneshots book! There will be lots of different kinds of Malec ;)