Epilogue

Alec's POV
"Please, turn the radio off." Alec complained to his sister who was sitting on the passenger's seat while he was driving. "I already have a headache."

"Fine." Isabelle said and leaned over to turn the volume down, but didn't turn it off and Alec glared at her. "What's got you all grumpy today anyway? Had a rough day at work?"

"I'm not grumpy, just tired." Alec said with a sigh, working twice as hard to keep his focus on the road but luckily there wasn't exactly traffic. The streets were pretty clear. "So, you wanna tell me what is this about?"

"What is?" Isabelle asked innocently and turned the rearview mirror to her, checking her lipstick.

"I kinda need that." Alec said, adjusting the mirror back. "And don't play stupid with me, why do you suddenly show up at my workplace and wanna spend time with me?"

"I can't just ask my big brother to have dinner with me?" Isabelle asked him. "That hurts."

"Is everything okay with you?" Alec asked frowning, glancing at his sister quickly before focusing back on the road.

"Yeah, everything's great." Isabelle assured him. "I just wanted to see you, it's been ages."

Alec rolled his eyes. "It's been two days, Izzy. What's up?"

"No, what's up with you?" Isabelle asked. "You act like you don't wanna see me or something."

"It's not that!" Alec said. "You know I love you and I'll always be here if you wanna see me or have dinner or whatever, I just wanna know if there's something.. I should know. Or something you'd like to talk about."

"Fine, maybe I do have something in mind." Isabelle mumbled.

"What's going on?" Alec asked, getting worried.

"I'll tell you once we get to the restaurant, okay?" Isabelle asked. "We can just.. Sit down and talk."

"Does that mean that we can be around more people so I can't get too pissed?" Alec asked. "Just tell me."

"It's not that bad." Isabelle said. "At least I hope you won't get pissed."

"Oh, my God." Alec said then as he parked the car to the parking lot of a restaurant they had went with their parents many times and still seemed to always end up there when hungry. He turned to his sister. "Are you pregnant?"

"What? No!" Isabelle said and got out of the car. "Let's just go."

Alec followed her out, locking the car and hurried after her. "Then tell me what's going on. Is everything okay with you?"

"Just drop it for just a minute, Alec." Isabelle said with a groan. "I told you I would tell you, now take it easy, will you?"

"Fine." Alec agreed, rubbing his temples to ease his headache and for the first time actually payed attention to something else than his sister once they reached the frontdoors. "Wait, are they even open anymore? It seems dark. I swear to God if they're not open.. I'm starving."

"What you are right now is acting like a 12 year old." Isabelle told him. "You get whiny when you're hungry."

"Who doesn't?" Alec pointed out. "But honestly, I don't think they're open."

"Well, let's see." Isabelle said and pulled the handle. The door opened. She gave her brother a smug smile. "See that? Let's go."

"You think they'll still have a table even though we haven't made a reservation?" Alec asked as they walked in, but the reception was empty. "Iz, I really think they're probably not-..."