Chapter 4

"Alec, I need your help!" Alec heard Isabelle's voice yelling at his door but he was sitting on the floor of Max's room while the boy did his homework and Alec studied for a biology test.

"I'm here!" He yelled back and Isabelle walked into the room as well.

"How do I turn off the microwave?" She asked. "Cause I don't know how to work the buttons and apparently put it on for ten minutes and there's already smoke coming out of it." Max started laughing.

"Jesus Christ, Izzy." Alec said and got up quickly, hurrying downstairs with his sister following. The firealarm went off because of the smoke and he cursed as he opened the microwave. "Just open it and it stops. No need to push any buttons." He told her and hurried to open the kitchen window before taking a chair and standing on it to reach the firealarm and turning it off.

"Thanks." Isabelle said, clearing the smoke with her hand and coughed. "Don't tell mom and dad, they would kill me."

"Why would I? What good would that do to me?" Alec asked. "Oh, that's right. Get rid of you, the huge pain in my ass."

"I love you too." Isabelle said. "You're my favorite brother." Alec gave her a sharp smile before walking upstairs. "I'm just kidding, Max!" She added.

"About what?" Max yelled back.

"Nothing!" Isabelle replied and Alec rolled his eyes, smiling slightly.

"So..." Magnus said as he sat down next to Alec in their history class. "What do you wanna do today?"

"Oh, uh.. Whatever." He replied. "I mean.. I don't mind. I mean whatever works. I'm just.. Fine."

Magnus laughed, probably detecting his nervousness, anyone would've. "Well, I know this great cafe."

Alec smiled. "Sounds good." Magnus managed to make him nervous as hell but there was also something very reassuring about his company and frankly, Alec liked it.

"It's on the house." Magnus said as he put their coffees on the table and Alec looked up.

"What?"

Magnus winked. "I know Liam, they guy over there." Alec looked over his shoulder at one of the employees at the counter. "We went out once, it was a disaster but we ended up being good friends." Magnus said with a laugh and Alec smiled slightly as he turned back. Magnus was gay?

"Oh. Nice."

"Let's face it, I know what you're thinking." Magnus said then. "I mean it's always when I meet new people. So, I'll just confirm it; I'm bisexual."

Alec was kinda baffled. "Oh." He wasn't sure what to say and now felt like it seemed like he wasn't somehow okay with it. "I mean that's.. Good for you." He wanted to smack himself so bad. Good for you? Who says that?

Magnus laughed lightly. "I would say so."

Alec squeezed his eyes shut briefly. "That's.. Not exactly what I wanted to say."

"What did you wanna say?" Magnus asked, sipping his coffee.

"That.. I don't know why I'm this awkward. I mean I'm totally fine with it. More than fine. I mean it doesn't matter to me, at all. Really. I just.. Am awkward." He mumbled before shutting himself up by drinking his coffee before he would add that he's way more than fine with it and kinda relieved because his stupid crush on Magnus would've felt even more stupid if he was straight.

"I get it." Magnus said with a smile. "I mean the pressure of saying the right thing is much harder than actually saying the right thing I mean I don't care what you say about it as long as it's not an insult because in that case I might have to smack you."