Chapter 28

Magnus' POV
After cleaning up the kitchen, Magnus made his way upstairs. Alec had been so exhausted that he was probably already asleep and Magnus was completely ready to just crawl asleep next to him because he was feeling tired as well. But for his surprise he couldn't see Alec anywhere once he walked into their bedroom. The bed was still made and empty. He frowned and walked back to the hall. The door to Max's room was halfway open.

Really, Alexander? Magnus thought with a smile. Again?

His guess was right. When he walked into Max's room, the boy laying on his bed, his head resting on Alec's lap who was sitting on the bed, his back against the wall and his eyes closed and black hair falling on his face. He had a book open next to him and they were both asleep. It definitely wasn't the first time Alec had been exhausted and still willing to read to the kids or put them asleep and fallen asleep himself. It didn't happen so often anymore considering Rafael didn't really need anyone putting him asleep and neither did Max most of the time, but when they had been babies or very young, Alec had always fallen asleep on the floor or on the bed that was way too small for his long figure.

Magnus walked quietly over to the bed and leaned down, softly brushing Alec's hair off his face and running his knuckles down his cheek. Alec frowned slightly but seemed to wake up and slowly opened his eyelids.

"You did it again." Magnus whispered and Alec groaned silently as he moved his neck that seemed a little sore from the bad position.

"I'm so tired." He mumbled.

"I know." Magnus said, kissing his forehead. "Let's go to sleep."

Alec nodded and carefully lifted the little, sleeping boy off him, covering him well with the blanket and smiled at him before turning to Magnus, looking like he was sleep walking.

"I don't know how I manage to always do that." Alec mumbled as they walked to the hall and Magnus closed the door silently after them.

"You're just tired." Magnus said as they walked into their own bedroom.

"I am tired." Alec replied and threw himself on the bed, looking like a little kid himself when he pulled his knees to his chest and hugged his pillow, looking close to falling asleep already. Magnus smiled slightly before lying down next to him, moving his arm under Alec's head and pulling him closer. There was nothing more familiar and comfortable than how they felt together. Alec let out a breath that tickled Magnus' neck. He ran his hand through Alec's black, soft hair and kissed the top of his head, feeling incredible exhaustion go over him as well.

"Good night." Alec mumbled so groggily that it was a miracle Magnus understood what he had said. That must be part of the side-effects of years of marriage and even more years being together.

"Good night, love." Magnus replied quietly but he wasn't sure if Alec even heard him anymore.

The next morning Magnus woke up when he heard a small crash and some noises downstairs, voices hissing to each other. He frowned and sat up, carefully sliding his arm from under Alec's head. It was numb and he shook it a bit. Alec was still asleep and he decided to let him stay that way, remembering how exhausted he had been. Magnus listened to the familiar voices from downstairs, not being able to make out what they were saying. He got up and made his way down the stairs to the kitchen where the voices were coming from.

"What's going on?" He asked as he walked in. Max was standing on a chair and Rafael was standing next to him on the floor, surrounded by glass.

"Max dropped a glass." Rafael said.

"I did not!" Max said in a voice that only little kids could have when they got defensive, high and unwavering. "Rafe did!"

"You pushed me." Rafael argued. "It was completely your fault."

"Take it easy." Magnus told them. "It's okay. It's just a glass. What I don't like is you two getting into a fight over it." He crouched down, picking up the pieces. "Don't move so you won't step on them." He told the boys. Rafael stood still where he was and Max wasn't really in danger of stepping on them since he was still standing on the chair, to which Magnus couldn't figure out an explanation to but decided not to ask. Maybe he had climbed on it not to touch the glass. Then he threw the pieces of glass to the trash before taking a dustpan and swiping off the rest, the small ones that you could barely see.

"I'm sorry for pushing you." Max said then, lowering himself to sit on the chair.

"It's okay." Rafael replied. "I shouldn't have just blamed you, the glass just.. Slipped."

Magnus smiled at himself. They were smart boys even though sometimes they acted like idiots and there were moments when he, Alec or in the best case; both, were about to lose their minds.

"What should we make for breakfast?" He asked as he straightened up and put the dustpan away.

"Pancakes." Rafael said grinning and Max agreed immediately, clapping his hands together.

"Pancakes?" Magnus repeated. "I thought that was for special occasions. What's special about today?"

"It's Saturday." Rafael said shrugging.

"Good enough for me." Magnus replied and both boys grinned.

AN: Ahh, I'm sososo happy you guys are enjoying this cause I started writing this just because people wanted more so I thought it might not end up good but then I loved writing it so much so I'm glad you guys are loving it as well x)

Also a reminder that after these final chapters I'm gonna start the book of Malec oneshots, so follow me to see when it comes out! :)

+++is it 'oneshots' or 'one shots'?😂 Help a brother out😂