Chapter 7

Alec's POV
Alec had done his best to avoid Magnus in school, but felt ridiculous considering he would have to talk to him at some point anyway, especially since he was going over to his house today. Which he was super nervous about.

"Hey." Alec said, clearing his throat and Magnus who had been organizing his locker turned to him.

"Alexander." He just said and Alec smiled slightly.

"So.. Um.. Your place? After school?" He asked.

"Yeah." Magnus replied. "I have a good feeling, you know?"

Alec felt his hands sweating and his mouth going dry. "Huh? You do?"

"Yeah!" Magnus said grinning. "I think we make a pretty good team."

"Wha-.. You do?" Alec asked. What's going on?

"Of course." Magnus said with a laugh. "I'm sure we'll get the project done today and so far it looks so great. If we don't get an A, I'll be very surprised."

Oh, the project. Of course. Alec felt a bit stupid. "Oh, yeah. Totally." He just said. "Yeah, we.. Make a good team."

Magnus smiled. "I'll see you after school." He said before walking away and Alec nodded to himself. Way to go.

Magnus' POV
Magnus glanced at the boy sitting on the other side of his desk and wondered what was going on in his mind. Alec had been so focused on the project and avoided any kind of personal discussions, he had even changed the subject when Magnus had asked if he minded if he put some music on. Now Alec was biting his lip and tapping his pencil against the desk. Magnus was about to speak up but then Alec looked up at him suddenly.

"We should talk." He said and Magnus was too surprised to say anything immediately.

"About what?" He asked, just to make sure they were on the same page. Based on Alec's reaction and blush, they hadn't been earlier today in school.

"About what happened.. Yesterday." Alec said with a sigh, like it took a lot to open his mouth about this. "I'm sorry if I've been acting stupid, I shouldn't just leave it like this."

"It's okay, I get it." Magnus replied. "But no.. We probably shouldn't."

"I like you." Alec blurted. "But maybe you were also a bit right yesterday. I mean maybe I was just curious to see if.. I could kiss you. And what would it be like. But it wasn't just that. I like you. Like.. You."

"I like you too." Magnus said with a smile. "And I think we've been here before, but what would you like to do about it?"

The slight blush on Alec's high cheekbones grew darker. "I would maybe kiss you but I'm a little nervous and would probably fall down again or something."

Magnus laughed. "It's okay. Maybe we can do that some other time."

"I don't appreciate you laughing at that because I'm perfectly serious." Alec said, but couldn't help smiling as well. "But.. Okay. Let's just focus on getting an A for now."

"Yeah." Magnus agreed with a crooked grin. They both turned to their notebooks. He carefully reached his hand over the desk, his fingers brushing Alec's who's hand felt cold.

"Stop distracting me..." Alec mumbled but Magnus could already hear from his voice that he was smiling.

"Am I that distracting?" He asked with a smirk and Alec glared at him quickly.

"Oh, grow up, will you?" He just said, pulling his hand away and started tapping his pencil against the desk again. Magnus just smiled and looked back down at his notebook. His notes sucked, Alec was way better at this. Then he felt something brushing his ankle and looked down to see Alec's foot there.

"Oh, stop distracting me." Magnus said and kicked his leg away playfully. He looked up at Alec and saw him smiling even though his black hair was falling on his face and his look was on his notebook. It was amazing to see him smiling like that, he had never seemed so.. Relaxed. Unguarded.

"You know," Alec said then and looked up at Magnus who raised his brows. "We don't need to get this done today. We don't necessary have to.. Focus on getting an A right now. We could do that tomorrow."

"Yeah, let's do that tomorrow." Magnus agreed and they both smiled, suddenly standing up and leaning over the desk, their lips pressing hard against each other. They slowed down a bit, kissing each other slowly. Magnus felt Alec's cold fingertips against his neck, they were shaking slightly. He put his own hand over the other boy's, kissing his soft lips more surely. Magnus cursed at the stupid desk between them in his mind but it was forgotten almost immediately when Alec's lips parted against his and everything else seemed to just stop existing. He slid his hand into the Alec's dark hair and felt the hand under his other one getting warmer. Alec was pulling him closer and his movements were more sure every passing second.

Eventually they had to pull away for air, breathing heavily and catching their breaths.

"That was..." Alec breathed out. "A pretty good first kiss."

Magnus grinned. Not just a first kiss. He had kissed several people before and yet nothing compared to that.

"Can you say something?" Alec asked then. "You're making me nervous."

Magnus laughed lightly. "Isn't it a good sign that I'm kinda speechless now?"

"How am I supposed to know?" Alec asked. "I've never.. Done this before."

Magnus brushed his lips lightly against the other boy's and smiled. "Trust me, it's a good sign."

"Good." Alec just said nodding.

AN: I have a feeling this chapter was kinda looked forward to.. I hope it was worth the wait and you liked it. But don't worry, this is only the start...X