Chapter 25

AN: Omg guys, I just wanna say I'm overwhelmed by the comments in the last chapter! I feel so bad that so many people don't want this to end and yet it also just makes me happy that so many like this! I'm sorry, but this is the last chapter and then just the epilogue.. We'll see if I'll do something extra or a sequel or something, but I can't promise anything yet. THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU! Enjoy...

Magnus' POV
Magnus had never really realized what was the point in pretending to be something you're not to fit in with other people. Being normal was way too overrated and yet not many people seemed to get that. What even is normal, really? He thought. Well, here's a little secret in case you haven't figured it out yet; there is no such thing as normal. We all create the stuff in our heads, we choose to think something is normal and something isn't. As ridiculous as it is, some people think it's not normal that I wear different kind of clothes than most students here. Some people think that loving who I love is not normal. But where is that coming from? Who gets to decide what's normal or not? Cause no one should have that power, that's just cruel. Yes, I have been scared. Yes, I have been embarrassed and humiliated. And yes, it's not like I never feel insecure or that I don't really care at all if people look at me weirdly. But I've gotten over that pretty well, I have this thing I always remind myself of. This is how it goes; imagine yourself on your death bed (this is dark, I know, it gets better. Or possibly even more depressing, depends on how you look at it) and then imagine regretting some things you haven't done or have done. It is most likely that I'll feel bad that I didn't just enjoy myself, be who I was and be happy than that I would start thinking about how some person on the street looked at me weirdly once and then that embarrassment would just drive me over the edge of death. Don't you think? So I always remind myself of that. I rather hold Alexander's hand, make him smile and blush and be as happy with him as I can and let people stare and whisper about it. After all, it's not that big of a deal. And there's many great people who have nothing against who I am. And there's many people like me. And by that I don't mean specifically gay people or bisexuals, I'm talking about anyone who's afraid to show just who they are in the fear of getting judged. Look, sweetheart, the fear is usually in your head. People don't really spend that much time on judging others. And this is the best advice I have ever gotten; 'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.'

Alec's POV
"What are you doing?" Alec asked as he sat opposite Magnus who was in the school's library, head buried in a notebook.

"Writing." He just said without looking up.

"Writing what?" Alec asked curiously, trying to take a look but Magnus' head covered most of it and it was hard to read text that was slightly smudged and upside down.

"A thing." Magnus replied briefly.

"What's a thing?" Alec asked frowning. "Like an essay? Novel? Poem?"

"I probably would just say essay if it was an essay, don't you think?" Magnus replied and Alec scowled.

"Then what is a thing?" He asked impatiently.

"Well, that's the thing." Magnus explained. "I don't know what to call it. So it's just a thing."

"Well, can I read it?" Alec asked with his best smile but gave up once Magnus still didn't look up at him.

"No." The boy just said.

"I could read it and tell you what it is!" Alec argued. "Come on."

"No." Magnus repeated.

"Why not?" Alec asked with a groan.

"Sorry." Magnus just said. "It's just extra work for my English class."

Alec frowned. "Why are you doing extra work for your English class? Don't you have pretty good grades already?"

"Well, yeah. But there's always a room for improvement." Magnus replied. "And I felt like writing."

"Aha. I see." Alec said, not giving up. "So, what is it about then?"

"My life." Magnus replied.

"Your life?" Alec repeated.

"Not my lifestory or anything." Magnus said and Alec saw him rolling his eyes. "Just a thing or two about certain aspects of my life."

"Don't you sound formal." Alec observed. "And kinda avoiding the subject."

"I'm not avoiding anything." Magnus argued.

"Except eyecontact." Alec replied with a smile.

"I'm not." Magnus said. "I'm just using all my focus on my assignment."

"Aha, okay." Alec said. "So, can I read it once it's finished?" There was no answer and for a while he just watched Magnus go on with his writing. Alec gently kicked his leg under the table, finally making him look up and meeting his eyes.

"Sorry, what?" He asked and Alec had to laugh.

"Can I read it once it's finished?" He repeated his question.

"Hmph." Magnus said and looked down at the notebook. "Depends if it's any good. I can only tell once it's finished."

"Oh, come on." Alec said. "Of course it'll be good and you know I'm in no position to judge because I have trouble getting the right words out of my mouth, let alone getting them on paper."

"You're not bad with words." Magnus just said. "But I guess you can read it. Only when it's finished, though."

"Alright." Alec agreed. "So, are you gonna finish it now?"

"I don't think so." Magnus said and closed his notebook, leaning back on his chair. "I've only started."

"Oh, okay." Alec said nodding. "So, you wanna do something else?"

"Like what?" Magnus asked with a crooked smile.

Alec grinned. "I don't know, walk around in the park?"

Magnus laughed. "Has that become kind of our thing?"

"Maybe." Alec said with a shrug.

"We're like a couple of 80 year olds." Magnus mumbled. "You'd think we would have some other thing than walking around in the park."

Alec laughed. "We have lots of things. That's just one of them. Besides, we had our first date there so..."

Magnus grinned. "What? You think it's romantic?"

Alec bit his lip and shrugged. "Well.. Isn't it?" He mumbled.

"Of course." Magnus said and reached over the table to take Alec's hand, squeezing it. "Let's go."

AN: There you go. Hope you liked it. Few notes; Magnus' thoughts in the beginning (which I LOVED writing, by the way) is his thoughts and ideas for the extra assignment he's doing, in case you didn't realize. And also the quote is Dr. Seuss' quote, if you don't know who he is; look him up :)
This story has 6k reads! I wonder if it could break my record of 11k.. Doubt that.
Currently working on the epilogue and so far I gotta say I'm liking it. I hope you guys will enjoy it as well! One more time:

THANK YOU

I LOVE YOU

YOUR READS, VOTES AND COMMENTS MEAN A LOT TO ME

YOU ARE THE REASON I'M WRITING (AND MALEC OF COURSE)❤️