Chapter 30

Magnus' POV
"You'll be happy to hear I made plans for tonight." Magnus announced as he walked into the livingroom where Alec was reading a book, now raising his gaze from the page to meet his eyes.

He frowned. "Why?"

"I mean plans for us." Magnus explained and sat down next to him.

Alec sighed, closing his book. "It's Sunday night, the boys have school tomorrow. They have homework to do and shouldn't stay up too late."

Magnus rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna try one more time." He said. "Plans. For us. Meaning you and me." He motioned between them. "Us."

"Oh!" Alec said with a smile. "That's nice but we can't really leave the kids alone, can we? I mean Max still needs an adult and Rafe isn't exactly that adult and he might need help too."

"We don't have to leave them alone." Magnus said. "I called for a babysitter."

Alec frowned. "We don't have a babysitter."

"We have a better babysitter than you think." Magnus replied. "Izzy promised to look after them."

"Izzy?" Alec repeated, looking mildly horrified. "I'm not leaving her alone with my kids."

"I get that she's your little sister but she's still an adult." Magnus told him. "She'll be fine with them."

"She once didn't know how to turn a microwave off and almost burned down the house!" Alec pointed out, his voice rising dangerously high and Magnus put his hand on his leg calmingly.

"And you left the stove on and almost burned down the house." He replied. "We all make mistakes."

Alec scowled. "Still."

"She's looked after Rafael before." Magnus pointed out.

"But that was when Rafe was a baby, he didn't do anything. He slept and Izzy got to do her own stuff and quickly fed him or held him for a while." Alec explained. "It's not the same as having one hyper seven year old and another one who's just becoming a teenager."

"They're smart kids. Izzy's been a teenager herself. She can handle them." Magnus replied. "What's the worst that could happen?"

Alec shrugged. "I don't know. I could lose both my children and my sister in a fire?"

Magnus scowled. "You can't be serious. It's just one night."

Alec sighed. "I guess."

"I know." Magnus said, squeezing his leg reassuringly. "I know it'll be fine."

"Okay, you know, I bet Izzy could handle it." Alec said then. "But what about the kids? They don't have much experience of other people watching over them but us, what if they think that's a chance to do something stupid?"

"We need to stop. Now." Magnus said. "We need to stop being so afraid they'll do something stupid, they're not stupid. They're gonna be fine. Yesterday proved that, everything went fine with Rafael and the party."

Alec sighed. "You're right."

"I'm always right." Magnus said and kissed the top of his head before standing up and Alec rolled his eyes.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" He asked then.

"Go to a restaurant together and then do something nice, romantic after that." Magnus replied.

"Because going to a nice restaurant isn't romantinc?" Alec asked and Magnus scowled.

"Just go with it."

"So what is this nice, romantic thing then?" Alec asked smiling.

"I don't know." Magnus said. "Walk on the beach, watch the sunset?" He suggested with a dreamy voice.

"I thought walking in the park was our thing." Alec said grinning.

"You just have to ruin it, do you?" Magnus asked and Alec just laughed.

"I'm sorry, sounds lovely, really." He said with a smile. "Can't wait."

Magnus leaned down, kissing his husband quickly before straightening up. "That's the spirit."

AN: Updated twice today because these both were short and not so good😅 Sorry!
Next chapter will be bit of a surprise and I hope you guys will enjoy reading it as much as I'm enjoying writing it😉