Chapter 5

Magnus' POV
Magnus almost fell asleep in his history class when their teacher kept talking about a project they had to do. It was something he probably should've been listening to, but he was just so tired. He heard their teacher telling them to pick a partner and his eyes immediately searched for the blue-eyed boy sitting one desk away from him.

"Partner?" He asked.

Alec nodded with a small smile. "Sure." Magnus had the feeling that this hadn't happened much to him before. Alec had already been staring at his desk when the teacher had told them to pick a pair, apparently not expecting anyone to ask him anyway or wanting him to ask them. But he seemed glad that Magnus had and he was glad he had too. Making the beautiful boy smile brightened up his day more than Alec realized.

"So," Magnus said as he walked over to Alec who almost dropped his books in surprise. He seemed kinda jumpy.

"Uh, hi." He said, gathering himself quickly. "What's up?"

Magnus smiled. "When would you like to get started on our project?"

"Well.. Um.. Whenever." Alec mumbled. "I don't really have.. Plans. But I might be busy. You know, someday. But.. I don't know."

"Do I make you nervous, Alexander?" Magnus asked bluntly and Alec stared.

"What?"

"Do I make you nervous?" Magnus repeated. "Cause I'm sorry if I do, it's not my intention to make you uncomfortable."

"What?" Alec repeated. "I mean no. I like you. I mean I like being with you. I'm not uncomfortable. You're.. Nice."

Magnus smiled. "That's good. You're nice too." He said, patting his shoulder as he continued his way down the hall. "Text me a date that would work for you!" He called after him.

"Yeah, sure." Alec replied. "I'll.. See you."

"So.. This Alec guy." A voice said and Magnus turned from his locker to Ragnor.

"What about 'this Alec guy'?" He asked innocently.

Ragnor crossed his arms over his chest and leaned his back against the lockers. "Don't play stupid with me, you know that has never worked."

"I have no reason to play stupid." Magnus said and closed his locker. "What can I do for you?"

"You're interested in him, aren't you?" Ragnor said. It wasn't really a question.

"So what if I am?" Magnus asked.

"Well.. Are you gonna ask him out?" Ragnor asked with a shrug.

"I don't know." Magnus replied. "I mean yeah.. Maybe not yet."

"Well, I was just thinking.. He seems kinda.. I don't know, lonely?" Ragnor said and Magnus frowned.

"He just got into a new school and only has met few people, it's not a surprise if he seems a bit lonely."

"Yeah, well, I just thought that maybe he just needs a good friend." Ragnor explained. "And he obviously likes you. You could be his friend."

"I am his friend." Magnus replied. "At least I consider myself his friend."

"Yeah, but that's why you should either just ask him out or just focus on being his friend." Ragnor said. "Just keep it.. Simple."

Magnus raised a brow. "Since when have you been an expert at human psychology?"

Ragnor scowled. "I'm not. I'm just saying."

"And I hear what you're saying and I get it." Magnus said. "Like I said, I don't think I'm gonna ask him out just yet. I'm perfectly happy if I can just.. Make him happier."

AN: Sorry this is a bit short but hey! You finally got some Magnus' POV ;) This will mostly be from Alec's POV but I'll also posting Magnus'. Remember to leave comments! I'm so nervous always opening them but I appreciate them haha. Thanks to everyone who has been reading! X