Chapter 27

Alec's POV
As he walked upstairs, Alec saw that Max's room door was half open and the boy was in fact cleaning, putting his toys in boxes like they were great treasures.

"Wow, this is starting to look great." Alec said with a smile as he leaned against the doorframe.

Max stood up quickly. "It's not ready yet! You don't get to see it yet!" He yelled, running to the door and closing it in front of Alec's face. Aha.

"You don't want help?" He decided to offer anyway.

"No!" Max yelled and Alec nodded to himself before going across the hall, knocking on Rafael's door.

"Rafe?" He asked but there was no answer. "Rafael?" Eventually he turned the knob and walked in. Rafael was laying on his bed with his headphones on. He looked irritated as he took them off.

"What?" He demanded.

"What's with the attitude?" Alec asked as he sat down on the edge of his bed. Oh, that's right, you're a 13 year old boy. "Have you thought about cleaning this place? Like ever? Maybe before your laundry grows feet and starts to walk?"

Rafael rolled his eyes and sat up straight. "Yeah, yeah."

There it was again. Alec thought. If only I could get a dollar everytime one of them said 'yeah, yeah' and yet did nothing.

"You want help?" He asked then.

Rafael scowled. "I think I'm old enough to handle cleaning my own room."

Alec held back a quick reply that included something along the lines 'apparently not!' and instead said; "That's why I asked if you wanted help, not if you needed it."

"I don't." Rafael said. "But thanks."

Alec smiled, putting his hand on the boy's shoulder as he stood up. "Alright, I'm gonna go finnish making dinner."

Once Alec was done with the food and was setting the table, he heard the frontdoor open. Magnus.

"Honey, I'm home!" Magnus yelled in a sarcastic tone and Alec rolled his eyes.

"You're a bit early." He replied, setting the tables on their places.

"Is that a bad thing?" Magnus asked as he walked into the kitchen and Alec glanced at him with a smile.

"It's always a good thing." He said, giving Magnus a quick kiss on the cheek before going around the table, setting the forks and knives on their places.

"How's it been?" Magnus asked and took the glasses, helping him and setting them on their places.

"Fine." Alec replied. "What you'd expect."

"So I'm not allowed to leave the house anytime soon?" Magnus asked and Alec looked up.

"Never again." He replied and Magnus laughed. It had only been few days but Alec had missed that smile. When he was done, he walked around the table, wrapping his arms around Magnus and kissing him softly.

"I missed you too." Magnus said smiling and Alec grinned. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Alec replied before kissing his husband again, this time longer and harder, not wanting to let go just yet.

Then Magnus pulled away with a small frown. "Is something burning?"

"Probably my finger." Alec pointed out, showing Magnus his forefinger that he had accidentally gripped a hot metal part of the fryingpan with.

"Oh, you." Magnus said, kissing his finger. "But I think it's not your finger." They both looked around but there didn't seem to be any food on fire even though it wouldn't had surprised Alec really.

"You've left the stove on." Magnus said then and went to turn it off, giving Alec a disapproving look and Alec cursed at himself.

"Max! Rafe!" He yelled then. "Come downstairs! Dad's here and dinner's ready!" Soon they heard the doors opening and both boys quickly coming down the stairs.

"Hey!" Magnus said as they made it to the kitchen. Max flung himself at him immediately, holding on tightly and Magnus picked him up to hug him back properly since he was so small.  Rafael was smiling and hugged Magnus also once he had put Max back down.

"Come see!" Max said then, pulling at Magnus' sleeve. "I cleaned my room!"

"You did? That's great." Magnus said as he followed the little boy out of the kitchen.

"Can't we eat? I'm hungry." Rafael complained.

"No, we're going to see your brother's room." Alec said, putting his hand on the boy's shoulder and guiding them both out of the kitchen. "Did you manage to clean?"

"Yes." Rafael said. "I organized my desk and everything."

"Look at you, that's great." Alec said with a smile.

They joined the others in Max's room that he was proudly showing off.

"Wow, very clean." Alec said with a smile but then his eyes focused on one of the boxes Max had filled with toys and games next to his bed. "What's that?" He pointed at one of the boxes as he walked up to it, it had sticks, stones, dirt and grass in it.

"They're my treasures." Max replied. "I've taken them from outside."

"I figured." Alec mumbled, wanting so bad to just say it was gross and dirty. "What are you doing with them?"

Max shrugged. "I don't know."

"Then why are they here?" Alec asked, setting his hands on his hips.

"Ew! You probably brought in bugs with all that too!" Rafael said, wrinking his nose.

"Did not!" Max argued.

"Might've." Alec mumbled, knowing that the second Max looked away he was going to use the chance to throw it all out of the window and sanitize the whole room. He didn't mind if Max wanted some sticks in his room or there was a bit of dirt somewhere, but the second there were bugs inside his house, he was ready to sleep in the car.

"You proably brought that spider in my room too." Rafael accused Max who looked offended.

"I didn't bring any spiders in here!"

"You don't bring them on purpose, they come with the crap you bring here, idiot." Rafael said with an irritated tone.

"Hey, language." Magnus said strictly. "And you're brother's not an idiot and you know it."

"Wait, so, there's really bugs coming in with those things?" Alec pointed at the box.

"Alexander." Magnus said in a calming tone even though he looked a bit amused.

"What's wrong with bugs?" Max asked frowning.

"Who raised you?" Alec asked frowning but of course Max didn't seem to get the joke.

"Let's just go have dinner before the food gets cold." Magnus said then and they all walked out to the hall, the kids hurrying down the stairs.

"I swear to God, Magnus, I won't be able to sleep when I know my own children are bringing wild animals into this house." Alec hissed under his breath.

Magnus laughed. "Bugs. Not wild animals. But I get your point."

"If I see one bug, I'm sleeping in the car." Alec replied and felt Magnus' hand on the small of his back.

"I'll tell Max to get rid of them tomorrow."' He assured Alec who turned to look at him. "Tonight. I'll tell him to get rid of them tonight."

AN: Hope you're still enjoying this! :)
Guess who's a total clutz! Guess where I got the 'forefinger burning because gripping the frypan wrong'? My life! Also the bringing all kinds of crap from the nature inside the house might've been a childhood memory of mine. You can really use all that when writing hahaha