Chapter 20

Magnus' POV
The next morning Magnus was leaning against Alec's locker, waiting for the blue-eyed boy to actually arrive. He was confused and kinda worried about what was going on with Alec since he had wanted to talk to him and then ran off, saying that he wasn't in the mood. Magnus also had to admit it kinda hurt how Alec had just brushed it off and stormed off without a word or anything, but it was obvious that Alec had been kinda out of it so it wasn't like he could really be blamed. Magnus just wished that those jerks who had said something to him hadn't really made him too upset.

Eventually the bell rang, the classes started and he had to go. He looked around, walking slowly in case Alec would show up, but he was nowhere to be seen. So Magnus gave up and went to class.

At lunch Magnus looked around, impatiently bouncing his knee up and down.

"He'll show up." Ragnor told him. "Calm down, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with him."

"Or maybe he's just sick." Catarina said with a shrug. "So he won't come to school today."

"Then why doesn't he answer his phone?" Magnus asked.

"Maybe he's sleeping." Catarina suggested.

"What if he's avoiding me?" Magnus mumbled.

"Why would he be avoiding you?" Ragnor asked frowning.

"Exactly." Magnus said. "I do not know." Then his eyes caught the sight of the familiar boy that he had been searching for. Alec was walking to the table, looking around and seemed perfectly fine. Magnus just stared as Alec fixed his bag on his shoulder, taking quick steps in his boots and faded, ripped jeans and finally met his eyes, giving him a small smile as he finally reached them and sat down.

"Hi."

Ragnor and Catarina were about to greet him back but Magnus interrupted them with a wave of his hand.

"Hi?" He repeated.

"What?" Alec asked frowning and glanced at the others who shrugged.

"Where have you been?" Magnus asked him.

"I overslept." Alec replied innocently. "I missed my first class."

"Didn't bother to check your phone?" Magnus asked. "I was worried!"

Alec frowned. "I've been in school, my phone was on mute. Why were you worried? If I miss one class, it doesn't mean I'm dying or something."

"Yeah, but after yesterday I was wondering.. If you were still upset or something." Magnus explained.

"Oh." Alec said just said quietly. "Yeah, I meant to apologize for that. I mean running off. I was upset. I'm fine now though, don't worry."

"It's okay." Magnus said and took his hand in his. "So, what did you wanna talk about yesterday?"

"Uh..." Alec mumbled, glancing at Ragnor and Catarina.

"Oh, yeah, we were just about to go sit over there with no reason at all." Catarina said and took Ragnor's arm, pulling him to another table with her.

"So?" Magnus asked from Alec, getting kinda scared.

"They could've stayed." Alec mumbled. "I mean.. I don't know if I wanna talk about this right now-..."

"Oh, my God." Magnus groaned. "You're killing me. Can you spit it out already? Are you gonna die of some disease? Are you breaking up with me? Are you moving away? What is it?"

"Calm down." Alec told him. "I just wanted to..." He let out an irritated sigh. "It's all ruined already. It doesn't matter."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Magnus asked, not understanding one bit about what was going on. "Of course it matters if it's this big of a deal. Please, let me out of my misery and tell me."

"That's the thing." Alec said with a sigh. "I didn't want it to be a big deal. Kinda. And I..."

"Yes?" Magnus asked impatiently.

"Can I talk to you alone after school?" Alec asked then.

"We're alone now." Magnus pointed out.

"No, we're not." Alec said. "We're in the middle of the cafeteria, surrounded by people."

"Okay, fine." Magnus finally agreed even though he was dying to know what was going on in that pretty little head. "And this time we actually will talk after school, okay?"

Alec laughed lightly. "Okay."

Hurry up. Magnus thought, or more like tried to communicate with Alec through his mind. Can you hear me? Drag your ass in here, Lightwood. Nope, absolutely nothing. He was sitting on a bench outside the school building after the classes had ended and waiting for Alec to actually show up and tell him what was going on. If it wasn't anything bad, why was he acting so weird about it? Then again, he had never said it wasn't something bad.. It had to be something bad.

"Hey." A voice said then and Magnus looked up to see Alec who sat down next to him.

"Hey." Magnus replied. "What's up?" He asked immediately, not even trying to pretend he wasn't dying to know.

"I'm sorry if I worried you and turned this whole thing into.. This fiasko." Alec told him. "What I really wanted to talk about is not bad news or something you should be scared of. Okay?"

"Okay..." Magnus said frowning. "So, what's going on?"

Alec sighed. "You know yesterday when you wished me a happy one month anniversary? I just thought.. That I wanted to do something. I wanted to say.. I mean I wanted to tell you that I love you." He said and Magnus tried not to smile too widely or hug or kiss him immediately since he was obviously about to continue. "But you know, I had a feeling that it's like a big deal or something. I mean I don't know anything about relationships. I just asked you to talk to me after school so I could say that in peace and explain that I don't know is it supposed to be just said or arranged somehow. But then I was kinda upset and pissed and didn't wanna do it, I mean not because I wouldn't love you, but that wasn't the mood or the moment for it and I was just bothered and ran off. I thought a lot about it after that and came to the conclusion that it should probably just be said and not be made such a huge deal out of. And that's obviously exactly what I did; making it as huge deal as possible and not in a very good way. So I guess I just.. Wanted to say that."

Magnus grinned before he started laughing. "You wanted to tell me you love me?"

"Stop laughing!" Alec said, slapping Magnus' chest who grabbed his hand before he could pull it back.

"I'm sorry, I'm not doing it in a mean way." He said, still gripping Alec's hand and moved to sit closer to him on the bench. "You're right, this turned into a bigger deal than necessary and even though it is a big thing, maybe it should just be said." He said and took Alec's other hand as well, holding them tightly. "I love you too." The smile that spreaded on Alec's face was his favorite one yet. He didn't have time to say anything else before Alec closed the small distance between him quickly, kissing him hard and slowly. Magnus completely forgot if he had been even about to say anything or not and just kissed him back. I love you. He thought of the mental connection again. I love you so much. He knew it didn't actually work and Alec couldn't hear his thoughts, but they both felt it and knew it so that was enough.

AN: You got some cuteness yay! I have so much planned.. I don't know how long this story will be yet, we'll see. Thanks to all those awesome comments and thanks to everyone who's voted or even just read this, it means a lot. Thank you. X