Chapter 3

The next day Alec was organizing his books in his locker when the girl from his math class walked up to him.

"Hey." She said smiling. "Uh, Alex, right?"

"Alec." He corrected her.

"Oh, right. Sorry." She said and glanced nervously over her shoulder. He followed her gaze and noticed her friends standing there, looking at them. It made him feel really awkward. "I'm Katie, by the way." The girl continued. "And I was just wondering if you'd like to.. Have coffee with me or something?"

"Um, sorry. I'm just.. Kinda busy." He replied. "I don't think I can. Sorry." He walked to his next class quickly. That was probably ruder than just telling her it wasn't just her he wasn't interested in but the whole sex, but he wasn't ready to just tell anyone. It would probably spread through the school and he would get bullied even more.

At lunch Alec looked for an empty table but then he saw a hand waving at him and turned to see Magnus. Alec looked around to make sure it was him who he was waving at and then made his way to the table where Magnus was sitting with a guy and a girl.

"Hey, you can sit with us." Magnus said with a smile, probably thinking Alec had been kinda lost or wouldn't wanna sit alone.

"Uh, thanks." Alec said and sat down next to him.

"You're new, right?" The girl asked and he nodded. "I'm Catarina, nice to meet you."

"I'm Ragnor." The guy said smiling. "Like she said, nice to meet you."

"You too, I'm Alec." He said with a small smile.

"So, tell me Alexander," Magnus said then and Alec raised his brows, no one really called him that. "Why did you change schools?"

"Um, long story." He just said, thinking this wasn't the time to start explaining how your parents were worried about you not having any friends.

"Right." Magnus said nodding, not asking more.

"Have you liked it here so far?" Ragnor asked and Alec was a bit surprised these people were actually interested.

"Uh, well, it's my second day." He mumbled. "But it's been fine." And maybe it could be even better.

Alec was hurrying out of school after his last class when Magnus caught up with him.

"Hey." He said and Alec almost jumpped in surprise.

"Oh, hi."

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out?" Magnus asked. "You know.. Do something."

"Really?" Alec asked and then realized how stupid it sounded. "Oh, uh.. I gotta pick up my brother from school."

"Oh, okay." Magnus just said.

Alec gathered his courage quickly. "Tomorrow?" He asked, surprising himself.

The other boy smiled. "Sure."

"See you." Alec said quickly before hurrying off. He didn't know what was it about Magnus, he was just.. Attractive. Alec cursed at himself, he had asked him to 'hang out' it didn't mean a date and someone like Magnus was probably not interested in him at all, he was just trying to be nice to the new guy. But somehow Alec felt like he liked him, it wasn't just politeness. He kinda liked him too, he found him.. Very interesting. He was nice and funny and.. Well, attractive. He was a bit taller than Alec which usually never happened and he had the kind of style that Alec would never consider on himself since he always wore mostly black clothes that were ripped and worn but he liked it that way, Magnus on the other hand always seemed to have something carefully thought and very noticable on. Alec didn't know why he found it cool since he would never ever wear anything like that. Magnus just seemed great. He hadn't really thought that way about people in a long time. And his friends seemed nice too. Guess there wasn't anything so bad about some socializing after all.

AN: Eep, I ship Malec so much I already just wanna get ahead with this story. What do you guys think so far? Is this worth spending your time on? X