Chapter 8

Alec's POV
Alec walked home, his mind spinning. Magnus had offered to walk him home but he had refused, saying he actually liked walking alone and Magnus wouldn't have to bother. That was true, but the main reason that he hadn't mentioned was that he was still so baffled that he felt like he should clear his head a bit and do it in peace.

That was also why he walked around a bit longer that was needed if he just wanted to go straight home. But he didn't. So he walked.

He felt conflicted because at the same time he felt incredibly happy and light and constant pressure like an annoying headache but it was pressuring his chest. Even the idea of someone as amazing as Magnus actually liking him was.. Something he had only dreamed of and never thought would happen. And everytime he thought of what had happened earlier he felt the corners of his mouth pulling up and his spirit getting higher. It made him happy. He made him happy. But at the same time he felt somehow.. Guilty. Maybe it was because he had to lie to so many people, mostly his parents. Or maybe it was because he hadn't told Magnus that there was no way they could really be a couple because he wasn't ready to tell everyone at school or his parents. He didn't have the kind of nerve Magnus had. Then again, Magnus had grown up alone with his mother who seemed supportive and great. It wasn't like Alec's parents weren't nice or supportive of him, they just probably.. Wouldn't accept the whole 'your son is gay, deal with it' thing. Could he even ever be able to tell them? Or be completely out with it? Honestly, he was really scared. He felt embarrassed and horrified if he counted something wrong in math class and people looked at him weirdly. How could he go through his life, constantly thinking about what people thought of him or didn't? But he really did wanna be like Magnus. Proud of who he is and not care if some people didn't accept it.

The thing that bothered him above all, was that he couldn't just be one hundred per cent happy. That something like this was clouding his mind. Other people's opinions, pretending, lies.. Couldn't he just be happy for a while? If he could just have a day without letting himself worry, that would be pretty great.

Before he realized it, he was standing at his frontdoor and quickly dug his keys from his bag, opening the door and walking in.

"Where were you?" Maryse asked as she walked in the hall. "I tried to call you. You missed dinner."

"I was studying at a friend's house. We had to do a school project." Alec replied as he pulled off his jacket. "It's okay, I ate there."

"Oh." Maryse seemed honestly surprised. No wonder. Alec had never been the kid who just goes over to a friend's house. That was both Izzy and Max but not him. "Who is this friend?"

"His name is Magnus." Alec said. "We have this history project to do together."

"Oh, well, that's nice." Maryse said with a smile. "You can warm up the food if you're hungry."

"No, I'm fine." Alec said and walked past his mother. "I'll be upstairs if I'm needed." He just said and walked up the staircase. Isabelle's room door opened and he almost walked straight at it. "Wow!"

"So? Did you have fun with Magnus?" Isabelle asked.

"Shh!" Alec hissed.

"Oh, please. They're not suspicious." Isabelle replied.

"What makes you think there's anything to be suspicious about?" Alec asked.

Isabelle shrugged. "A wild guess. Based on your blush."

"Shut up." Alec mumbled and walked to his room. Not to his surprise, Isabelle just followed him and closed the door after him.

"Did you get the project done?" She just asked as Alec put his bag on his desk.

"Not yet."

"What were you doing all this time then?" Isabelle asked, cocking an eyebrow and Alec looked down at his bag, smiling slightly since he couldn't help himself. He turned to his sister who grinned. "Really?" Alec nodded and Isabelle flung herself at him, hugging him tightly. "Oh, my God! I'm so happy for you!"

Why? A voice said in Alec's head. That I now have something to hide or be judged about?

"Thanks." He said instead, ignoring the voice in his head because it made no sense. Why wouldn't Isabelle be happy for him? He had found a great guy who he liked and wanted to be with and who actually liked him back? It was a pretty great feeling, really. "I'm happy too."

AN: I know that there's not a lot happening in this chapter but I thought it's kinda important. I also have an important question for you; We all know that Robert and Maryse are gonna have to find out at some point, so I'm asking for your opinion on how you'd want them to react; A) Surprise Alec by being completely okay with it. B) Not be okay with it. C) One of them would be okay with it and the other one wouldn't. I know about how I'm gonna end this story so there is no option that would mean they would never accept him, but how much complications there will be is up to you. X