Chapter 14

Alec's POV
"Are you cold?" Magnus asked and Alec shook his head, hugging his knees to his chest. They had been sitting on Magnus' bed for a while now and neither of them had talked much. Alec had borrowed some dry clothes, grey jeans and a black t-shirt. "You sure?" Magnus asked again and Alec nodded. "You're shivering."

"I'm fine."

"Your lips are purple."

"I'm fine."

"You're cold."

Alec sighed and turned to his boyfriend. "I'm fine, really. I got a little cold in the rain but I'm mostly dry now and feeling better. Everything's pretty much great."

Magnus smiled. "Good." Alec just nodded and looked back down at his knees. "You sure you don't want more clothes or a blanket or something?" Alec scowled, giving Magnus a look and the other boy seemed to get the point without him having to say it. "Okay, I'll stop asking."

"Thank you." Alec said with a sigh and leaned back against the wall, straightening his legs.

"You wanna do something?" Magnus asked then.

Alec turned to him. "Like what?"

"Play Jenga? Or Scrabble?" Magnus suggested and Alec laughed. "You know, as welcome as you are here, you should go home at some point."

"I don't wanna go home." Alec mumbled, looking down at his hands he was resting on his lap.

"You have to talk to them." Magnus said quietly.

Alec sighed. "You think I don't know that?"

Magnus shrugged. "I'm just saying that you can't expect it to get better or them to understand if you refuse to talk or even be in the same house with them."

"I know, I know." Alec mumbled. "I just wish.. It could get better just like that. I mean can't they just realize how stupid they are and then we can all move on and not talk about it?"

Magnus rolled his eyes but smiled. "How simple would the world be if everyone understood each other and no one ever had to talk about anything?"

"You know what I mean." Alec said quietly. "I'm not good at talking about it and they're not good at understanding it so..." He shrugged.

"Well, you want me to talk to them?"
Magnus asked.

"Dear God, no." Alec said with a laugh and Magnus raised a brow. "I mean no offense, I just feel like that wouldn't be such a great idea. I tell them I'm gay and they kinda flip out, so I feel like.. I probably shouldn't throw it at their faces yet."

"You mean bringing me to them?" Magnus asked.

"Well, yeah." Alec replied. "I mean maybe they should get used to the idea first. If they ever will."

"Yeah, yeah. I get it." Magnus said. "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll come around, maybe they just need time. And you should talk to them. I'm sure they're worried about where did you disappear anyway. Did you even let Izzy know you're okay?"

Alec nodded. "Yeah, I texted her."

"Good." Magnus replied. "You should go talk to your parents."

"I know." Alec said quietly. "Can I just.. Stay here for a little longer?"

"Of course." Magnus said. "I just think you should talk to them."

Alec sighed. "Yeah, I know. I guess I'm just hoping they would come to their senses on their own. Maybe text me an apology."

"That'd be nice." Magnus said with a laugh. "But I doubt they wanna handle this over a text."

"But they know I'm upset!" Alec snapped at him even though he knew it wasn't Magnus who he was mad at. "Shouldn't they let me know they still care? Do they still care? Maybe they don't wanna handle this over a text but even a text would be pretty great at this point."

"Yeah, I know." Magnus told him. "But I think just going back and talking to them would be the best. I can see you wanna fix this and make it okay, so why won't you?"

Alec was quiet for a while, not sure if he wanted to admit out loud how scared he was. Then again, what did he possibly have to lose now? "Because.. What if I can't fix it and make it okay? What if it's just.. Not okay. What if they won't accept it? Then none of us will ever be happy. At least now I get to imagine that when I go back, my parents will apologize and we'll talk it out. But what if in reality I go there and say that there's no way in Hell that they're son is gay? That they'll never be okay with it? That I'll have to try and change myself or just cut my connections to them? What if?"

Magnus sighed and shifted closer to Alec, wrapping his arms around him and leaning his head against his shoulder. Alec stayed still even though he appreciated it. "You know, I wish I could tell you that that won't happen, but even though I'm good at many things, predicting the future isn't one of them. But I doubt your parents will say that, they still love you a lot. All I can say is that you won't know until you talk to them and whatever happens.. I'm always here for you. And you don't ever have to try and change a thing about yourself. Just talk to your parents, work it out, I highly doubt they would never understand. But you'll never know if you hide from them."

Alec didn't say anything and just leaned his head against Magnus', closing his eyes and feeling just extremely exhausted all over. Who knew walking around in rain and screaming in your head for hours took so much energy out of you? They were quiet for a long time and Alec felt like he could just fall asleep there. He felt at peace. Eventually he opened his eyes. "Okay, I'm ready."

Magnus looked up at him and smiled. "Okay. Good. I'll drive you back home."

"You don't have to do that." Alec told him.

Magnus raised a brow. "You think I'll let you walk all the way back in the rain and ruin my clothes as well?"

Alec laughed. "Right. Okay. Thanks."

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed this, thanks for everything. Love you. X