Chapter 9

Alec's POV
The next day Alec walked down the hall in school and all he could think about was when would he run into Magnus. It would happen at some point. It wasn't that he wasn't excited to see him again because he was, it was just something else too.

"Hey." A familiar voice said then and Alec turned to see Magnus just as he caught up with him, his hand lightly touching Alec's back who squirmed away like an idiot.

"Hi." He just said.

"You okay?" Magnus asked and Alec nodded quickly.

"Yep. Brilliant."

"Good." Magnhs said smiling and Alec couldn't help but smile too.

Well, at least now I am. He thought.

"I gotta get to class but I'll find you later, okay?" Magnus said, still smiling.

Alec nodded. "Yeah, sure."

"See you."

Alec smiled at himself slightly as he continued down the hall, someone shoving his shoulder again.

"You don't wanna piss me off." The guy said even though it had been completely his fault.

"Maybe you should watch we're you're going, jackass." Alec mumbled, more to himself considering he didn't wanna start a scene.

"What did you say?" The guy asked.

"Nothing." Alec said quickly.

The guy laughed. "Yeah, don't have anyone to defend you now, huh?"

"I don't need anyone to defend me." Alec said strictly. "Leave me alone."

"Ooh, scary." The guy said with a sarcastic tone and people around them were following the conversation curiously.

"I don't have time for this." Alec said with a sigh and walked away.

"Yeah, run away!" The guy yelled after him and Alec did his best not to turn back around and scream.

He's not worth it. He told himself. He is not worth your time. Keep walking.

Magnus' POV
After school Magnus walked up to Alec who he spotted standing at his locker.

"Hi." He said cheerfully and Alec turned around with a smile.

"Hey."

"Ready to go?" Magnus asked, brushing his hand carefully against Alec's.

"Where?" Alec asked frowning.

"I don't know, we should do something." Magnus said with a laugh.

"You mean like.. A date?" Alec asked carefully and Magnus smiled.

"It could be a date." He replied. "Do you want it to be?"

Alec smiled too. "Yeah, kinda."

"Good. Me too." Magnus replied and then Alec looked down, shifting his feet awkwardly.

"Um.. I wanted to talk about something." He said then and Magnus frowned at his tone.

"Yeah?"

"Just that.. I don't want you to get offended if I'm not.. If I don't really like being.. Public." Alec explained. "Especially at school. Like.. Kissing in the hallway or holding hands or something."

"It's okay. Relax." Magnus said with a smile and put his hand on Alec's arm but then took it off. "When you told me you were gay, I told you I wouldn't tell anyone. So I'm not gonna make you tell anyone either. That's only fair."

Alec did look more relaxed and smiled again. "Right. Okay. Good. Thanks."

"So.. Where would you wanna go?" Magnus asked and Alec thought for a while.

"I like the park." He said then.

Magnus smiled. "I like the park too."

Alec's POV
They had been walking around the park for a while now, hand in hand. It was nice even though their hands were sweaty now. But they had had a good time and people had barely glanced at their way. Maybe he had been super nervous for no reason at all. Why would anyone care if two boys walked hand in hand?

"As much fun as this has been," Magnus said and turned to Alec. "We should probably work on our project."

"Right." Alec said nodding. "I actually had an idea on it."

"On what?" Magnus asked.

"The outlook." Alec replied and Magnus grinned.

"You had an idea on the outlook?"

Alec raised a brow. "Oh, I can't have an eye for design?"

Magnus laughed. "Depends on exactly what does your idea look like. We'll see."

"Thanks for the faith in me." Alec joked.

"Anytime." Magnus replied and leaned in, softly brushing his lips against Alec's. He had barely gotten used to the thought of kissing someone, doing it in public was something completely else. Not that there was really anyone there to see right now. He told the annoying voice in his head to go away and kissed Magnus before smiling against his lips.

"Let's go." He said. "I'll show you my idea."

"Can't wait." Magnus said with a laugh.

AN: Sorry this is short and kinda lame, I'll probably post again later today! I just wanna say thank you because it really still blows my mind that people actually spend time on reading this so.. THANK YOU. X