Chapter 29

Alec's POV
"It's a great weather today." Magnus said as he pulled the kitchen window open.

"We should go outside today, drag the kids to the park or something." Alec suggested with a grin.

"Sounds like a plan." Magnus said. "Or..." He said, walking over to Alec and wrapping his arms around his waist. "The kids can go to the park and we can stay here."

Alec laughed. "I thought you liked the weather."

"I like you more." Magnus replied, kissing him.

"I need to ask you something." Rafael announced as he walked into the kitchen, apparently not caring if he interrupted.

"What is it?" Magnus asked, keeping one arm around Alec.

"Some of my friends are having a kind of a party tonight and asked me if I could come too." Rafael explained. "I can, right?"

"What party?" Alec asked suspiciously.

"Just.. A party." Rafael replied.

"What time? At who's house? Who's gonna be there? Are there gonna be any adults?" Alec asked and Rafael looked baffled.

"It's not that big of a deal." He said.

"Then answer the questions." Alec replied and Rafael rolled his eyes.

"It's at 8pm, at John's house, he's inviting some people." Rafael said. "I don't know if his parents are there."

"Okay, we'll discuss this." Alec said. "Let's talk later."

"Later?" Rafael repeated. "But the party is later!"

"Just let us talk for a second." Alec said and Rafael let out a groan before marching out.

"It probably really isn't a big deal, Alexander." Magnus told him.

"Really?" Alec asked. "That 'I don't know if his parents are there' line means they won't be."

"He's 13, I'm sure he can go to a sleepover without adult supervision." Magnus pointed out.

"It's a party, apparenly. Not a sleepover." Alec replied. "And they do need adult supervision. They're 13. They're kids."

"It's just one night." Magnus said.

"I just don't want them to do anything stupid or get into trouble." Alec said with a sigh.

"Like you said; they're 13." Magnus said with a laugh. "What are they gonna do? Play Spin the Bottle? Ooh, dark stuff. Let's hope Rafe doesn't get killed."

Alec scowled. "You're not even taking this seriously."

"I am." Magnus assured him. "I just think we should let him go. He's a smart kid."

"I know he is, of course." Alec replied. "I just.. Don't wanna later on find out I made the wrong decision."

"Come on, don't burden yourself." Magnus said. "We're a team, we make decisions together and above all Rafael makes mostly his own decisions. We're gonna guide him."

"How touching." Alec mumbled.

"It wasn't meant to be touching." Magnus replied. "Let me show you how I'll guide him to the right path." He walked out of the kitchen and Alec raised a brow before following him. They walked up the stairs to Rafael's room and Magnus crossed his arms over his chest. "You can go to the party. You won't do anything stupid. If there's no adults, it doesn't mean you should act like an idiot. If your friends wanna do something stupid, it doesn't mean you should. If something happens, you call us. And you'll answer your phone if we call you."

"That's not very subtle 'guiding to the right path.'" Alec mumbled under his breath. "That's more like shoving him to the right path." Magnus glared at him.

"Did I say I was going for subtle?"

"No." Alec admitted. "But that could've been a good idea." He earned another glare from that comment.

"Fine." Rafael said then. "I'll answer my phone, I won't do anything stupid and I'll call you if something happens."

"Exactly." Magnus said. "And we're trusting you and that means you have a chance to prove you're worth that trust or break it and not be trusted again any time soon."

"I got it." Rafael said.

"Great." Magnus said and walked out. "Have fun!"

Alec followed his husband quickly. "That was a little dark."

"We had to scare him a little." Magnus told him. "Kids his age always wanna try their limits and do something stupid."

"Did you do something really stupid at his age?" Alec asked grinning.

"Of course not." Magnus replied with a smile. "I was very obedient and simply a very easy child."

Alec snorted. "Yeah, right."

"What? You don't believe me?" Magnus asked as they stopped walking at the stairs. Alec raised a brow. "What makes you think I'm lying?"

"Nothing." Alec said innocently and walked down the stairs.

"Alexander!" Magnus said and Alec just laughed.

AN: Sorry this is a bit short, I promise to update soon! :)
I'm close to 100 followers omg🙊❤️