Chapter 15

Alec's POV
"Well.. We're here." Magnus said as his car stood on Alec's driveway. Actually he had parked it there several minutes ago but so far Alec hadn't managed to get out of it and instead had been tapping his fingers to the windowsill, his knee or his lips and stared at the house from the window.

"What if they're not home?" He asked nervously.

"Why wouldn't they be home?" Magnus asked frowning.

"I don't know." Alec admitted. He was quiet again for a while, biting his lip and tapping his fingers to his knee. "What if they're gonna make me leave?" He asked then. "What am I gonna do?"

"I don't think they're gonna do that." Magnus said. "Just relax."

"Yeah." Alec just mumbled with a sigh.

"Look, the hard part is pretty much over." Magnus told him. "You came out with it, you told them. Their reaction wasn't exactly wished for, but it happened. Now you've all had time to clear your heads a bit. All you have to do now is to.. Talk about it."

"Yeah, you're right." Alec said nodding, still staring at the house from the window.

"You can do it." Magnus said calmly. "Just go talk to them."

"I will." Alec said but didn't make a move.

"Alexander." Magnus said then and Alec finally turned to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"It's gonna be okay. Calm down." Magnus said and put his hand on Alec's knee that was bouncing up and down, making him stop the nervous movement. "You'll just go in there and talk with them. They're your parents and they care about you. I don't wanna sound like I don't enjoy spending time with you, but seriously, you really need to go. Now."

"Okay." Alec said nodding before leaning in to give his boyfriend a quick kiss before finally getting out of the car. "Thanks." He said with a small smile.

"Anytime, love." Magnus replied with a grin. "Now go inside before you're completely wet again and catch a cold."

"Going. Bye." Alec said and shut the door before running to the house, carefully going up the slippery porch stairs and walking to the door. He took his keys from his pocket and felt his hand shaking as he tried to push the key in the keyhole. He got it done anway and opened the door, going in and closing it after him, trying to listen but heard nothing. Then he heard several footsteps and his parents and Isabelle stormed into the hall from the livingroom.

"Oh, my God." Isabelle said and hugged him immediately. "Are you okay?"

"You can't just disappear like that." Robert told him. "Where did you run off to?"

"Yeah, idiot." Isabelle said, slapping Alec's shoulder. Mostly affectionately. "We were worried sick."

"You.. Were?" Alec asked carefully, looking at his parents.

"Of course we were." Maryse said and pulled him into a hug. "What on earth went into you? You think you can just storm off when you feel like it?"

"Especially in the middle of a conversation." Robert pointed out.

"I thought it was pretty clear." Alec mumbled.

"Actually, they have a lot more to say." Isabelle said and turned to their parents. "Right, guys?" She asked strictly.

"We just need to talk, Alec." Maryse said and Alec nodded. They all walked down the hall back to the livingroom.

"Is Max already asleep?" Alec asked then.

"Yes." Maryse said and Alec felt a little relieved.

At least they wouldn't yell... He figured.

"You have different clothes than when you left." Maryse observed with a frown as she and Robert sat down on one of the couches and Alec and Isabelle sat down on another one opposite them, a small glass table between them.

"Um.. Yeah. I got wet in the rain so I borrowed clothes from my friend." Alec mumbled, hesiting. "From my.. Boyfriend." He wondered how harder could he stare at the glass table before it would shatter. He managed to look up at his parents. They didn't say anything. Maryse's mouth was in a tight, thin line and Robert was squinting at Alec who glanced at his sister awkwardly.

"Isabelle, would you leave us?" Maryse asked then.

"No way." Isabelle replied. "I already left the room once and look how that turned out." Neither of the parents looked happy about that comment but seemed to ignore it. Alec was glad because he felt a little more confident with his sister sitting next to him.

"Running out and not answering your phone was pretty irresponsible." Robert said then. "But I'm sorry we made you feel like you had to do it."

Alec was a little surprised but managed to nod in understanding. "I'm sorry for doing that. I just.. Needed some time to think."

"It's good that we got some time to think too." Robert said. "You running out on us just made us realize something pretty important."

"Which is?" Alec asked, nervously pulling at the fabric of Magnus' jeans at his knee.

"That you're our son and we don't wanna lose you." Robert replied.

"Especially not over something like this." Maryse said and Alec felt like some kind of a heavy load he had been holding on his shoulders his entire life was slowly lifting off. "There isn't a fight worth losing your own kid."

"Is this really what you think?" Alec asked carefully. "Izzy didn't make you say this?"

Maryse smiled. "No, she didn't."

"You think she could make us do anything?" Robert asked with a laugh and Isabelle laughed too, hugging Alec who was still too surprised to really react in any way.

"So..." He mumbled then. "This is.. Okay?"

"Of course this is okay if it means not losing you from our lives." Maryse said with a small smile. "We were just.. Surprised. We acted and reacted stupidly. We're really sorry, Alec. Making you upset wasn't our intention."

"I'm.. Speechless." Alec said quietly and looking down. "I really appreciate this." He said then and looked back up. "More than you know. I was so scared." He let out a breath and leaned his face in his hands, feeling stupid for the tears that were blurrying his vision.

God, you don't know what relief feels like until you've felt this. He thought as his parents came over to hug him, telling him not to be scared and apologizing again. He felt ridiculously happy. Smiling, he let his hands fall off from his face and looked at his family members who were smiling as well.

"Are we okay?" Robert asked from him and he nodded quickly.

"Yeah, we're okay."

Maryse grinned. "You should invite Magnus over sometime, we'd love to meet him properly."

Alec stuttered for a while. "I-I didn't say..."

"Sorry. My bad." Isabelle mumbled. "It kinda slipped."

Alec just smiled and shook his head. "Yeah, okay."

AN: All good and well. Or...? Hope you guys are still enjoying this! Remember to leave comments! X