Chapter 19

Alec's POV
Trying to balance his books in his arms, Alec managed to open the door of his locker but then dropped all six books, one of them landing on his foot and he cursed under his breath as he croutched down to gather them all quickly. He just managed to stand up as he was suddenly pulled around and Magnus gripped his shoulders, kissing him hard and Alec dropped his books again. Magnus pulled back with a grin, apparently not even noticing the fallen books.

"What are you doing?" Alec squeaked.

"Happy one month anniversary." Magnus said with smirk.

Alec stared dumbfounded. "We've been together for a month?"

"I hope that means 'man, time flies by' and not 'what the fuck, has this torture gone on for only a month?'" Magnus said and Alec rolled his eyes but smiled.

"I was just surprised it's only been a month." He said shrugging.

"So time goes by slowly or..?" Magnus asked and Alec sighed.

"No, I mean..." He shrugged again and told himself to stop before he would dislocate a shoulder. "I feel like maybe.. We are like.. We could've been together for longer." He admitted and Magnus smiled.

"Really?" He asked and Alec nodded. "Awh." Magnus mumbled, twisting around the hem of Alec's shirt with his fingers before leaning in to kiss him.

Alec smiled against his lips before breaking the kiss. "Can I talk to you after school or something?"

"Sure." Magnus said. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, definitely." Alec replied with a smile. "I should get to class." He said, completely forgetting his open locker and the books at his feet, tripping over them and falling on his face before Magnus managed to catch him.

"Oh, my God, sweetie." Magnus said quickly before pulling Alec up. "You okay?"

Alec nodded. "Yeah, fine." He said, rubbing his elbow that ached a bit. "I.. Seemed to forget my books." He mumbled and quickly picked them up with Magnus' help before shoving them in his locker and closing the door.

"Well, I'll see you." Magnus said with a laugh. "Sure you didn't hurt yourself?"

"Yeah." Alec said with an embarrassed laugh. "Now I'm actually gonna get to class. I'll see you later."

"See you." Magnus replied and they walked into different directions.

Alec wondered why he had ever worried about getting picked on for being gay when he made a perfectly big of a fool of himself everyday anyway. Compared to all the clumsyness and stupid stuff, liking boys, or more like liking a boy, didn't really seem like anything he should be embarrassed of. Maybe instead he should try to stay on his feet at least at public places.

Soon he reached the classroom and took a seat from the back, it took less than two seconds for someone to sit next to him and he turned to see a familiar girl. Katie?

"Hey." The girl said and Alec smiled slightly.

"Hi." He replied.

"So.. I heard you have a boyfriend." Katie said and Alec knew his pale skin must be showing off his blush again.

"You did? From where? Who said that?" He asked, completely baffled.

"Is it supposed to be a secret?" She asked, raising a brow.

"No." He said. "I'm just.. Surprised that it's a thing that people just.. Hear about."

"Please, it's high school. You think rumors don't spread here?" Katie asked with a laugh.