Chapter 23

AN: Am I Satan or why did I enjoy the comments on the last chapter SO MUCH? I'm sorry!

Alec's POV
Goddammit. That was all he could think of. He wasn't sure if he had ever felt so irritated and frustrated in his life.

Alec walked in, closing the frontdoor after him harshly, taking his jacket off and kicked his shoes off, not caring where they landed.

"Everything okay?" Isabelle's voice asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah." Alec just said as he walked in and pulled a cabinet door open, taking a glass.

"You sure?" Isabelle asked, not sounding convinced. She seemed to be doing her homework at the table since all her stuff was spread all over it.

"I'm fine!" Alec snapped and filled his glass with water, staring at the running tap before shutting it.

"Is everything okay with you and Magnus?" Isabelle asked carefully.

"Yeah, brilliant." Alec replied, hearing the bitterness and frustration in his own voice perfectly clearly.

"Wow, I'm not very convinced." Isabelle said with a joyless laugh. "So, what's up?"

"Nothing. I told you." Alec said strictly. "Just back off."

"Wow, you don't need to attack me just because you're upset." Isabelle said, sounding hurt. "Grow up, will you?"

Alec drank his water and then sighed. "I'm not attacking-..." He stopped as he realized that was exactly what he was doing. He put the glass down and leaned his palm against the counter, not turning to face his sister. She was completely right.

It's not Izzy who I'm mad at, I'm just upset about the fight with Magnus. He reminded himself. And it's not Magnus who I'm mad at either, I was just upset about the assholes opening their mouths at me.

"What have I done..." Alec muttered under his breath.

"I'd like to find out." Isabelle replied and Alec realized he actually had talked out loud.

"I think I screwed up." He mumbled. He had just gotten way too upset over a couple of jerks. Now thinking about it, Alec couldn't really blame Magnus. It wasn't like he would stand aside and watch him get bullied, but maybe that was the difference between him and Magnus. He wasn't like Magnus who people no longer picked on after he had went to that school for years without caring one bit, he was still the new guy and the excitement of pissing him off was still there. Maybe that was another difference them. Magnus couldn't be pissed off, he didn't care, he only got pissed when they went after Alec. He just cared a lot and wanted to help. And Alec had screwed it up completely.

"Are you hearing a word I'm saying?" Isabelle asked then and Alec turned around quickly.

"No." He admitted.

"What did you do, Alec?" She asked and he just sighed, looking down at his feet.

"Something stupid and mean."

"Look, whatever it is, you can fix it." Isabelle told him. "Magnus really cares about you, I'm sure you didn't screw up for good."

"Yeah, he cares about me a lot and I hurt him." Alec said, shaking his head lightly. "God, what went into me?"

"Take that regret and show it to Magnus, okay?" Isabelle said. "Call him."

"No, I'm gonna go see him." Alec said and hurried back into the hall, pulling his shoes and jacket back on and hurrying out. "Thank you, Izzy!"

"That's what I'm here for!" Isabelle's voice yelled back. "Making you realize what an idiot you are!"

Alec rolled his eyes. "Thank you!" He said and closed the door, taking the older car that stood in the driveway while his parents had went to work with the new one. He got in and quickly checked his phone, for his surprise he had gotten a few messages from Magnus and opened them.

'I'm sorry.'

'I understand if you're mad.'

'Can we please talk?'

Alec just stared. Magnus is sorry? For what? No, it was me who screwed up. Goddammit. He wrote a quick reply;

'I'm coming over.'

Then he started driving, feeling more stupid every passing second and it was hard to drive according to the speedlimits.

Alec managed to eventually get to Magnus' house without getting a ticket or getting into a car crash after forcing himself to drive safely and at the correct speed, even when his mind was screaming at him to hurry the hell up and go fix it. Though he figured that with his clumsyness and jumppyness, he probably shouldn't even try that action movie styled driving with dangerous shortcuts and incredible speed. He would be dead in a minute, no question.

Alec walked up the couple stairs to the frontdoor and wiped his sweaty palms to his black jeans before ringing the doorbell. Why am I so nervous? It's just Magnus. He heard footsteps behind the door and realized he wasn't really that nervous, mostly embarrassed.

The door opened but it wasn't Magnus, it was Ellen, his mother. "Oh, hey, Alec." She said with a smile.

"Hey." He replied. "I just came to talk to Magnus."

"He's not home." Ellen said and Alec figured that maybe their paths had crossed and Magnus was on his way to his house at the moment. "He hasn't come home after school so I thought he might be with you." She continued then and Alec's theory seemed more unlikely.

"Oh." He just got out. "Maybe he's.. Somewhere with Ragnor or Catarina." He mumbled, telling himself not to get worried.

"Yeah, could be." Ellen said. "You can always call him. Or them."

"Yeah, I'll do that." Alec said nodding. "So.. Bye. Nice seeing you."

"You too." Ellen said with a smile and Alec walked down the driveway to his car quickly and got in. He looked at his phone and hadn't gotten a reply to his message. He dialed Magnus' number and called him. With every ring Alec got more impatient.

"Hey, it's Magnus!" His voicemail said. "I'm obviously not answering right now so if you absolutely have to; leave me a message and I guess I'll have to listen to it." *beep*

Alec swallowed his disappointment. "Hey, it's me. I mean Alec. I stopped by at your house but you weren't there. Please call me back. Or text. Or whatever. I'm really sorry and I really wanna talk. Okay.. Bye." He threw his phone on the passenger's seat and leaned back on his own, running his hands through his hair with a sigh.

Suddenly there was a knock on his window and Alec jumpped, managing to press the horn with his elbow and hit himself in the face, hurting his nose and he cursed loudly. Ouch.

AN: Remember when I said I don't really do cliffhangers? I guess I've grown into that. Hope you liked this chapter of my Malec fanfic that had like zero Malec in it?? So.. What are you guessing? Is it Magnus at the window or who startled Alec? All well soon or more drama coming up? You will seeeeeee. X

But I just wanted to let you guys know already that this story is getting closer to it's end. If everything goes how I've planned, I still have few/couple chapters and an epilogue! X