Chapter 26

AN: Okay, so, here's some extra for you guys! This is years forward and I'm not sure how many chapters I will write about this. Also, I decided to name their kids after their actual kids of course, even though I considered naming Max something else since  this story hasn't gone like the books since it's an AU but eventually decided to go with their actual names. Also I was thinking Max would be about 7 and Rafael about 13?

Alec's POV
Alec walked into the kitchen, looking over at his kids like he was counting that they were all there even though there were only two of them.

"Finish your cereal, Max." Alec told his younger son who was just staring at the half empty bowl.

"I'm not hungry." Max complained, pushing the bowl further away from him.

"You still need to eat." Alec replied and looked for his keys from the counter. Dammit, where did I put them this time?

"Just eat so we can go." Rafael told his younger brother with a bored tone.

"Don't tell me what to do." Max argued.

"Cut it out." Alec said as he finally spotted his keys, half hidden under a pile of Max's comicbooks. He grabbed them and turned to the boys who still seemed to be bikering and sighed. Usually Magnus had the mornings with them but he had been out of town for few days because of work and was coming back tonight. Thank God.

"Fine, Max." He said then. "You don't have to eat more if you're not hungry but remember to eat well in school." He said and Max looked pleased with himself. "Now you guys have quick few minutes to wash your dishes before I'm gonna drive you to school." Their dishwasher had broke down few days ago and Alec and Magnus had been reminding each other to call someone and find out if they should get it fixed or just buy a new one.

"Dad." Rafael groaned, complaining.

"Hurry up, you don't wanna be late from school." Alec said as he walked out of the kitchen, hearing Rafael muttering something to Max.

"Why can't we just do it after school?" Max yelled after Alec who turned around to look at the kids.

"Because then the dishes won't just sit in the sink the whole day." He replied. "Besides, then when you come home from school you'll feel glad it's already done."

"It's just a bowl and a glass, you can do it." Said Rafael who had just started washing his own plate.

"You were complaining too!" Max said and gave Alec the kind of He's unfair! Tell him! -look.

"Twenty minutes till your school starts." Alec just said and Max joined his older brother at the sink quickly.

Soon they were all out of the door, running maybe a bit late but Alec called it a success. At least they were in fact all out of the door, dressed properly and ready to go.

"Wait!" Rafael said then. "I forgot my history essay!" He stormed back inside the house and Alec sighed, walking to the car with Max, feeling his small hand wrapping around few of his fingers.

Alec smiled down at the kid. "Hey, there, buddy." He said, holding the boy's hand as well and Max just grinned. Alec opened the car door for him and he climbed in on the backseat. "Buckle up." Alec told him before closing the door at the same time he heard the frontdoor closing.

"Got it!" Rafael announced, running to the other side of the car.

"Awesome." Alec replied before getting into the driver's seat. "You got your seatbelts on?" He asked and started driving as the kids mumbled something back in agreement.

"What time is dad coming home today?" Max asked then.

"Around five." Alec replied. "And you know what could be a great surprise for him that would make him happy? If you both cleaned your rooms." He had been complaining to them about the state of their rooms for weeks now and nothing had happened. Except a bunch of replies like "Yeah, yeah." and a little bit slamming doors.

"That's not true." Rafael replied. "You just want us to clean our rooms."

"I do." Alec admitted. "And so does your other dad which means it would in fact make him happy so it is true."

"That's manipulative." Rafael argued.

"What's manipulative?" Max asked frowning.

"What he's doing is manipulative." Rafael told him.

"But what does it mean?" Max asked impatiently.

"That." Rafael replied.

"I don't think that's exactly the correct use of the term, Rafe." Alec said but actually he was wondering if he should blackmail them and say they didn't get to watch tv until their rooms were clean or bribe them with something to clean them. Or if he should just do it himself. Max wouldn't mind, Rafael probably didn't want anyone touching his things or moving them around and Magnus would tell him to just be more strict with them and make it clear they're cleaning their own rooms. Maybe he should blackmail or bribe Rafael and clean Max's room himself and tell Magnus they were great kids who did it all by themselves with good will and harmony. Then Alec reminded himself that Magnus lived with these kids and knew that would never work.

"Dad!" Max's impatient voice was yelling from the backseat.

"Yes, love?" Alec asked as he drove to the school's parkinglot, glancing at him from the rearview mirror.

"Can you walk me to class today?"
Max asked smiling.

Alec glanced at the clock and knew he should get to work as soon as possible but how could he refuse when Max specifically asked him to? "Of course."

AN: Yay, hope you liked this! There's more to come! And more Malec, obviously. I feel bad Magnus wasn't really in this chapter. Anyway, it's the weekend yaaas, I finally have time to write :)

Thank you, love you all. X