Chapter 37 A Moment Later

Peeta POV

"Peeta, wake up." I feel a light shaking. I open my eyes to meet those of Katniss. She's smiling down at me. "Hey, I thought you would never wake up sleepy head." I smile.

"I am awake.." I sit up slightly. I'm in a bed with a silk red blanket The window lets in a bright strain of sunlight. Its open too, letting in a fresh breeze. 

"Come on, I made you some breakfast." she says smiling.

"You? made me breakfast? Kitty I don't need to die of food poisoning." I say making her frown and hit my chest.

"Haha very funny. Come on." she says taking my hand and pulling me out of bed. I follow her but we're not at a dorm. Where are we? I shake off the feeling as it doesn't interest me as much right now. Soon the sweet scent of pancakes and syrup fills my nose. We walk into the kitchen and she already set the table. I smile warmly.

"Wow, this is amazing Kat." I say sitting down.

"I hoped you'd like it." she says. "Go ahead, try." I smile and take my fork, taking a bite. It's sweet, exquisit. I love it. 

"Its awesome baby." I say making her smile. As we eat she looks up to me.

"Your grandfather called, he asked if we wanted to come over for dinner tonight." she says drinking some orange juice.

"Uhh..well sure. Why not." I say. She smiles.

"Good, things have been hard for him since your grandmother passed." she says. I almost drop my fork. What? My grandmother isn't dead? I feel my stomach twist lightly. "Are you okay?"

"I....uhh...yeah just swallowed a big piece wrong." I say washing it down with some juice. "What else has been happening?"

"Well Annie and Finnick are doing well, the baby is fine." she says. What??? What is going on? Instead of making myself look like a fool I try as best I can to play along.

"Oh really now? How far is she again?" I ask. She grins.

"You sure forget things fast. 7 months." she says. "And we're invited to the baby shower." 

"Great! Can't wait." I say finishing my food. "Man...that was really good Kat." I say patting my stomach.

"Well I am glad you like it. Now go get washed up, have a shower. We gotta go to the doctors at 2." she says.

"Washed up just for the doctors?" I ask smiling.

"Yes now move it!" she says pushing me out. I shake my head smiling but frown as soon as I leave the room. This isn't right. None of this is right. What is going on? I walk up the stairs and into our room. I find the closet but when I open the door I see a mirror. But when I see my reflection I notice something. My hair is a tad longer, I have stubble, I'm taller, older? My heart starts pounding. "Peeta? Can you bring down the laundry when your finished?" Katniss calls from downstairs.

"Sure!" I say grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom. I walk inside and close the door, locking it. What happened? Why am I here? Am I dreaming? Am I dead? I try as best to shake the feeling and hop into the shower. I notice my left leg and foot are deformed, scarred up. I ignore it and shower up, getting out and pulling my fresh clothes on. I find the laundry room with great effort and take the clothes downstairs to Kat who's sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Thanks babe." she says pulling me down for a light kiss. Despite whatever is going on her lips still feel the same. Perfect. "So you and I are going to have a good day I hope."

"Why wouldn't we?" I sit next to her.

"Well you've been moody the past few days." she says pouting.

"Oh hey now come on Kat, I'm sorry." I say poking her cheek. She smiles. "How about this? After we go to the doctor I do something special for you. We'll have some time after that for me to do something nice for you." she smiles warmly.

"I would love that." she says softly, kissing me with passion. I don't know whats going on.....but I like it.

~Later~

After we've been to the doctors Katniss and I head home. She decided to take a nap since she had been up much earlier then I was I take my chance to go out and get something nice for her. I head out and walk down the street, coming to a little side street full of shops. I smile and walk down, clothes stores, bakery, cafes, gift shops. I head into a place called "Roy's Gift Shop". Inside there are the basic cards and balloons. I smile and head to the back of the shop. I find a little necklace, next to it a little sign saying 10$ for Engravel. I smile and take that, getting something engraved in it. I get some roses on the way home. When I return Annie and Finnick are there. My god...Annie is pregnant. I walk to Katniss who looks surprised. 

"I told you I would get you something special." I say as she stands up.

"Peeta...you didn't have to get me flowers." she says taking them. "Thank you so much."

"That is not it. Here hold on." I say taking the flowers to the kitchen. I come back and pull out the little box. I hand it to her. She smiles as she opens it, gasping lightly when she sees it. A heart shaped necklace with the engraving "Always" on the front. She smiles and jumps into my arms, hugging me tightly.

"God Peeta....thank you so much!" she says. "Put it on me?" I nod and she turns, lifting her hair. I smile and carefully clip it around her neck. She turns and pulls me down for a kiss. "Your the best Peeta." I look down at her with a soft smile but a shaking breaks everything into little tiny pieces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys I know late update and is Peeta dead??? Is he alive? What happened??? HANDS UP FOR MORE!!!!

Nikki :)