Chapter 27 I Miss It

Katniss POV

I stare up at the ceiling, Clove bumbling on about her vacation in New York and Annie her's with Finnick. But the whole time only how much I miss Peeta, his comfort, his passion, his love. How much I miss just being able to lay with him in silence for hours but with a smile on my face. Now everything is so....shallow and dark.

"And this guy, he stops his car like an inch from my foot befo....Katniss!" I jump, turning to see Annie sitting before me snapping her fingers. "Are you listening to me?"

"Sorry....I was somewhere else" I mutter looking down. 

"Yeah, in Peetaland." little Kanitss snickers. I roll my eyes.

"Are you so bummed out break is over?" she asks. "You love school."

"I love being with Peeta more." I say looking up to her. She looks at me sympathetically before pulling me into a warm hug.

"I know how it is hun but its not like your never gonna see him again." she says rubbing my back. "Trust me, you'll see him sooner then you know." I smile softly. 

"Your right..." I say but my phone buzzes. I just and pull it from my pocket. 'Peeta Boo' I jump and smile, opening it to read it.

'I miss you already so much. Please come back to me so we can just run away and be together forever. 

Love your Peety <3'

I smile widely and shake my head. So silly my Peeta.

"What you smiling at?" Annie asks. I giggle and roll back in my bed. She rolls her eyes and stands up.

"She is so high on whatever Peeta's been giving her." Clove says. Annie nods and plops down in bed. I stare at my phone before thinking of a good reply.

'Ohhhh baby I miss you so much. I miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I want you here with me so I can lay on you'

Love your Kit Kat'

I send it and lay back, looking up to the ceiling again with a silly smile. God I love this boy. How is he so perfect? And how did I get him.

"Katniss Everdeen!!! Earth is calling you!" I jump and turn, Clove just about ready to throw a pillow at me. "Stop dreaming about your lover boy and tell us about what you did!" I smile and sit up.

"Well....his grandmother hates my guts and really let me know. She tried to get Peeta to go out with girls she likes so it would hurt the way people see them there. All the rich folk and such." she smiles.

"Their rich?" she asks. I nod frowning.

"Oh yeah they are, so is Peeta but he doesn't really prawl around with it much. He kinda keeps it away. He was scared I wouldn't be with him if he acting all...richy." I say looking down and playing with my hair.

"Richy? Alright.....I'd think he's be more worried you only want him for his money." Annie says playing with some little ball from her desk.

"No but his grandmother was. She said it more then once to him and thought I wouldn't hear it. But....no...I don't want him for his money....I want him for him. He's so perfect, so sweet, so loving and caring. I can't even really describe how perfect he is. He is everything I've ever wanted and.....it may sound stupid but I think...we're just made for each other." I say looking away. They both sit there, staring at me with a face of shock.

"Well....that was the most un-Katnissy thing I've ever hear you say." Annie says tossing the ball to Clove who throws it back and to and back.

"So? I love this boy and I want him." I say hugging a pillow. "I want him now."

"Why don't you sneak him over for the night?" Clove asks.

"Because A, you two are here and B, you would disturb us and C, if we get caught we could get in huge trouble." I say. Annie gasps shocked.

"Are you embarrassed of us Miss Everdeen?" she imitates a prissy girl voice.

"No! I just....hmm....would you two have anything against that?" I ask. They both look to each other, smile then back to me.

"Nope, not really." Clove says. They're up to something....great.

"Good! Then maybe tomorrow, tonight they're really strict on where we all are." I say. They nod and I go on about how amazing my vacation with Peeta was......and how much I miss it.

~The Next Morning~

The night was long and I barely slept. Too much was I thinking of my Peeta. I know....its stupid and its not like he's dead or 2000 miles away but....I miss his warmth next to me as I slept. I pull my sweater tighter and walk down the steps of the dorm building. Wind blows lightly but my hair is in a ponytail so I'm good. I hear chatter of other students, talking about what they did and where they went. I roll my eyes knowing that's gonna go on for a long time. I walk through the park and soon I'm at my main hall.

"Katniss? Wait up!" I turn and see Finnick jogging up to me. "Hey!" he gives me a hug. "I thought Peeta would be with you."

"No...I was waiting for him at your dorm but he didn't come." I say.

"Thats odd....he left this morning about 20 minutes ago." he says scratching the back of his head. What? That doesn't sound much like Peeta.

"You know where he went?" I ask.

"He said something about the gardens? I thought you were there." he says. I narrow my eyes.

"Will you come with me to check?" I ask. He looks at his watch.

"Yeah I still got 15 minutes left." he says smiling. I nod and we walk through the park and around the main hall to the college gardens. Soon we hear voices. We walk between the hedges and soon come out to see Peeta. I smile and start to walk to him but stop when I see her......kissing him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGER!!! Ahhh....I love leaving you all on things like this. 

Nikki ;)