Chapter 23 A.....Ball?

Katniss POV

I walk back into his room, setting down the two bags of clothes he got me and sitting down. He walks in after me. Why did I have to see his ex? Why was she so...so...she looked so damn perfect. Why did Peeta leave her? Did she cheat on him? He on her? So many questions flood my mind when he sits down next to me breaking my thoughts.

"Are you okay? Ever since we saw her you've been so off." he says placing his hand carefully on my shoulder.

"Your ex...what happened?" I ask looking up to him. He cocks his head to the side and looks at me funny.

"What do you mean? Or...why do you care?" he asks, there's obvious displeasure in his voice.

"I'm just curious." I mutter looking down. He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"I was a messy story Katniss." he says. "I don't really wanna talk about it."

"Thats okay, really. I'm just being nosey." I say smiling. He smiles back and kisses my nose before standing up.

"Try on some of those new clothes for me. I'd like to see how beautiful you look in them." he says before walking out. I giggle to myself and get up, prancing over to the bags and picking them up. I set them on the desk and rummage through them, pulling out some of my favorite things. Well...okay a list. A green, turtle neck sweater, 4 pairs of white, orange poka dote socks, 2 bras, girl stuff, a t-shirt with a pug wearing sunglasses that says 'Don't worry, Be happy ' Three pairs of jeans and a pair of nice red new shoes. Yes i know but I have a strange taste in clothes. And I love them. I put some socks on, my jeans, the t-shirt and the sweater over it. Its not much so I don't know what Peeta's expecting. Soon the door opens and he walks in. A smile spreads across his face at the sight of me. "So beautiful."

"How? Its just some clothes." I say messing with my hair.

"Yes but anything you wear is simply breathtaking." he says making me blush.

"And  that's what I love to do." he says wrapping his arms around my waist. "But to be honest I'd rather see you in nothing at all."

"Peeta!" his grandmother calls from down the hall. I sigh and look down.

"I'll be right back okay?" he kisses my lips lightly and walks out to talk to her. I sit down on his bed and lay back, looking up to the ceiling. Minutes later he walks back in with a grin like its Christmas.

"What?" I ask confused.

"We're going to a ball." he says. 

"A ball?" I says sitting up.

"Yes, on of my grandparent's friends, the Endens are throwing a masked ball this Saturday. They're really old school and like balls and parties like that." he says sitting down next to me.

"I've never been to something like that. I don't even know what to wear or how to act." I say looking down.

"Don't worry about it Kat. I'll help you. When I was younger I always went to those things." he says rubbing my knee.

"Really? What was that like, your kinda birthday party?" I ask making him smile.

"No not really. I went to some with my grandparents but they soon got that I didn't like it at all." he says. "But thats not the point. The point is that we need to get you a fancy dress and the most beautiful mask they're gonna be seeing at that ball." I smile as he stands up.

"Peeta we just went shopping." I say as he takes my hand and pulls me to my feet.

"Then we're going again. Come now my lady." he pulls me out of the room. This is gonna be......interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes its not very long but I hope its okay for now.

Nikki :)