Chapter 28 Mislead

Peeta POV

My alarm clock rings in my ears, tearing me from my sleep. I groan and turn it off, sun shines in from the window behind me as I sit up. I rub my eyes and look around, over to Finnick who just woke as well.

"Morning already..." he mutters running his hand through his hair. "I hate this."

"So do I." I swing my legs out of bed and stand up, walking to the bathroom. Memories of what Katniss and I did make me smile. I shake my head and wash up a little before walking out to get dressed.

"So, you miss sleeping next to Kat?" he asks looking over to me.

"I do, why you ask? That's a pretty odd question." I say looking back to him.

"Because I miss sleeping next to Annie. Does that make me sound like a pussy?" he asks.

"What? No!" I say looking a little shocked. "Why would you say something like that?"

"My dad was giving me a hard time while we were out again." he says looking down. Finnick's father is a....as he likes to call himself 'A Real Man'. Finnick's mother left him but died a few years later in a car crash, leaving him with his dad. He is a real asshole but its a shocker Finnick didn't turn out like him.

"Don't listen to your deatbeat father okay? You love her so embrace that fact." I say. He sighs and nods, standing up and heading for the door just as my phone beeps. I grab it and look, seeing a messages from an unknown number.

'Come to the gardens, a surprise awaits Peety. At 10 sharp.' I smile widely. Only Katniss calls me that. She wants to meet me. I get a sparky feeling in my stomach.

"You coming Peet?" Finnick says cutting my thoughts. I smile

"Katniss wants to meet me out in the gardens at 10." I say with a smile making him roll his eyes.

"You two are so strange." he says. "Come on, lets go have some breakfast then you can go meet your lady." I shake my head and we leave our dorm, walking down the hallway and to the diner we have on campus. We walk inside ad take a table, ordering some breakfast and waiting. "So what did you all do all vacation?"

"Well we were at my grandparents the whole time. We went out to eat, shooting, this and that." I say sipping my drink.

"Shooting?" he asks confused.

"She fell back on her ass." I say making him laugh.

"Oh god I can see that." he says as our food comes. 

"What about you all?" I ask taking a bite of toast.

"Well we went out at night dancing and for dinner. We also went hiking, and there was alot of sex." he says making me shake my head.

"I am trying to eat." I say making him chuckle.

"Whoops." he says drinking some of his coffee. I shake my head and eat the rest of my food before paying. We both leave before I look at my watch. 9:45.

"I gotta go, meet you in class?" I say. He nods and we split. I walk down through the park and to the gardens behind the main building. I walk into the gardens and sit on one of the benches. I sit down and wait. A few minutes pass and I look down. 10:05. Where is she?

"Peeta." I turn but I don't see Katniss. I see Natalia. "You came."

"What are you doing here?" I say standing up and looking down at her.

"I wanted to see you Peeta." she says placing her hand on my chest. "I missed you, seeing you was just.....amazing to me. You've been on my mind since then." I don't get angry cos....I mean she is my child hood friend but I back away.

"I'm with Katniss you know that. And I'm happy with her." I say shaking my head. She looks at me pouty and steps closer.

"But what about me? Am I nothing to you?" she asks sadly.

"You are, your one of my best and oldest friends but that's it. Nothing more." I say. Tears pool in her eyes and I feel bad. She is one of my friends and that's just not right.

"But....Peeta I don't want anybody ever but you." she says frowning.

"Nat look I don't want you." I say hoping she doesn't bust out into tears. 

"Okay okay.....I know your right but could you please....just one kiss and I'll go. One." she says poutily. I sigh and look down. I really...don't want to but..if it gets her off my back why not. She looks behind me and before I can move she locks her arms around my neck, pulling me forward and kissing me hard. I hear a low gasp behind me. I push her back and turn to see.......Katniss. 

"No...no Katniss." I say but she turns and rushes off, tears in her eyes. I start after her but Finnick stops me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" he yells.

"I didn't...I.....Fin let me...."

"No! Leave her alone! You've done enough!" he says pushing me back before turning around and rushing to find her. No.....what have I done....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sooooooooooooooo sorry about the late update everybody but how much do you hate me now for not updating the what happened before??

Nikki :)