Chapter 21 Dinner with Them

Katniss POV

We sit at the dinner table, I look up to her as she just stares at me. Like a buzzard waiting for their next meal to die. I gulp and look to Peeta who smiles and nods. I smile back and just try as hard as I can to make sure I don't make some kind of mistake.

"So....Katniss is your name?" she asks. Ugh...just the way she says my name makes my skin crawl.

"Yes." I say looking down to my food.

"And where are you from?" she asks. I set my fork down and look up.

"From a small town. I don't think you know." I say looking back down to my food.

"Aha.....some country town?" she asks a little snobby like.

"No not really...just a small town." I say looking to Peeta. He sighs and looks to his grandfather.

"So how is your business?" he asks.

"Oh its pretty good." he says. Peeta nods and we all go back to eating. Soon the doorbell rings and his grandmother smiles like nuts.

"Thats for me!" she says walking away. I look to Peeta.

"What are their names?" I whisper. He smiles.

"Pete and Anabella." he says. I nod and go back to eating. Then Ana walks back with a young woman, our age blonde hair. She smiles and sits down across from me. Peeta looks a little angered.

"Peeta, its so good to see you." she says.

"Edna..." he says looking to me.

"Aren't you happy to see her Peeta? She missed you so much.

"Can we talk for a moment?" he asks standing up. She nods and they walk to the kitchen. I look over to Pete.

"Don't take anything she says to harsh Katniss. Your a wonderful girl and perfect for our Peeta. Ana is just...a little picky if you will." he says smiling. I smile back but look over to Edna. She looks at me with a bitch look. I roll my eyes and we hear a little bit of loud talking from the kitchen before Peeta and An walk back, sitting down. He rests his hand on my thigh and squeezes it lightly before he gets back to eating. What were they talking about? Hmm...I shake the thought away and finish eating. Then some servants bring us desert. Chocolate cake with a cherry on top. I smile and take small bites with the special little cake fork. I look up and see Ana looking at me with a little bit of disgust. I stop and look up

"You have a problem with me don't you?" I say frowning. Pete and Peeta looks up a little shocked.

"Maybe I do." she says.

"Thats why you brought this doll here." I say. Both Pete and Peeta gasp.

"She is better for Peeta! She at least has a name! A family!" she says.

"And just because I'm not rich?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!" I yell.

"Hey! Knock it off, both of you!" Peeta yells. He takes my hand and pulls me to the stairs. We walk up and soon into some room that must be his. I sit down and sit as he walks over to me. "You are crazy. you just yelled at my grandmother."

"Is that bad? Is she gonna get me killed?" I ask making him smile.

"No...don't worry about that." he says rubbing my knee. "I'm gonna head to the bathroom then you and I can have a night little candle lit night." I smile and lean down, kissing him before he gets up and walks out of the room. Then I sit there, smiling for a while before I hear voices in the hallway. I get up and walk to the cracked open door. "You have no reason to be here!"

"I know you want me here. I know you missed me Peety" its Edna.

"No I don't. You and I were never anything and you know it as well as I do!" he says louder.

"Thats not true! I see it in your eyes Peeta. You know you want it." she says trying to wrap her arms around him but he pushes her away.

"I have a god damn girlfriend now back the fuck off!" he snaps. She looks at him shocked before tearing up. "Go cry to somebody who cares." she gasps and turns, running off. I smile and feel a little jumpy at the fact Peeta snapped at her so. I rush back to bed and sit down when he walks back in and closes the door.

"What was that all about?" I ask as if I don't know. He groans and sits down next to me.

"Don't worry about it Kitty. Its okay." he says resting his hand on my knee and leaning over, kissing my cheek lightly. He smiles and gets up, pulling his shirt off. I grin widely and lick my lips. "Nah nah missy not on the first night. My grandmother is just waiting for a reason to get something against us." he hands me his shirt. I smile and pull all my clothes off besides my panties and pull his shirt on. He takes off his jeans and pulls on some sweatpants he brought with. We crawl into the bed, strangely big enough for two.

"Was this your room?" I ask whispering.

"Yes, they made it into like a guest room for when I come here. Thats why its so empty of my stuff." he says. I nod and huddle into his grip, feeling his lips lightly kiss my forehead. "Goodnight my little Kit Kat."

"Night Peety." I say. Hr grunts and holds my tighter making me giggle just before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY! I know guys I was gone long. I hope your not all mad. But I am back now and full of ideas for this book. Anybody vote for the evil grandmother????

Nikki :)