Chapter 2 Peeta

Katniss POV

I leave my dorm, making me way down the busy hallway. The party is tonight but until then I have a full day of classes. I make it down to the grand hall and into my first class. Art. Yes, we do have art in collage. I walk in and sit down, in the 4th row from the front. The room fills then the door closes and our professor Adewále walks in. He's pretty nice and is a great art teacher. 

"Good morning class. Today we're going to be working on more harder drawings." he says sitting down. "I want you to draw what makes you happy." Oh god...learning makes me happy but I can't draw that. I sit there for a while as the others start. I lean back, closing my eyes and thinking hard. Prim! My baby sister! I can draw here. I smile and get my pencil and paper ready but then I stop. I can't draw at all. I groan and look down.

"You okay?" I look up to see...Peeta Mellark? Sitting right behind me. 

"What? Yeah....I'm fine. Just...thinking." I say. He nods and gets back to drawing. I turn back and look down so I decide to just start. I draw a very messed up circle and a start on the eyes but I can already see it sucks. "Damn." I mutter.

"You need some help?" Peeta says. I don't want help but at the same time I kinda need it.

"How can you help? Your a football player." I say making him smile

"Just because I play football doesn't mean I can't do other things." he says. I nod and look back. "What are you trying to draw?"

"My sister. Prim." I say looking back up to him.

"Aha...and you can't draw that well?" he asks. I shake my head. "Okay well..how about this." he jumps into the seat next to me thats free. "I'll help you."

"Uhhhh...." I look down. How the hell am I supposed to say yes...or..no..what do I do??? "Y-yeah.....sure." 

"Alright, you tell me what she looks like and I'll draw, okay?" he says. I nod and he takes my page. "Alright, go ahead."

"Umm..she has long, blond hair and blue eyes." I say. He nods and starts out with her head, then her shoulders, adding her hair in a braid. "Hey...how you know that? She wears a braid."

"Oh..just kinda guessed." he says. I nod and he keeps going as I tell him the details. He draws her perfectly, to every little point and fact I give him. "Like this?" he hands me it.

"My god...it looks just like her. How did you do that?" I ask amazing,

"Oh...when I was younger I drew alot." he says. "You like it?"

"Its perfect. Thank you." I say. "Ohhh....I'm Katniss." I hold out my hand. He chuckles and takes it.

"I know. Peeta Mellark." he says.

"I know." I say blushing. He looks at me with the most perfect face ever. Deep, baby blue eyes. The sweetest smile ever. 

"You okay?" he asks making me jump. 

"Oh...I'm sorry." I say looking down. He laughs lightly and shakes his head.

"Its okay. Say...you go to parties?" he asks. Shit..what do I say? Yes or no..yes or no.

"Tonight..with my friends." I say. He smiles and nods.

"I'm going to one too. Maybe I'll see you." he says just as the loud bell rings. Thank god. "See you around, Katniss." he stands up and nods before walking out of the room. My....god...a gentleman. I smile and stand up, leaving the class and walking to my next one but the only thing on my mind is Peeta and my hopes that I'll see him again tonight. After all my classes I walk back to my dorm to see Annie.

"Hey! You ready for tonight?" she asks.

"Oh yeah." I say sitting down.

"Really?" she asks. I nod and look down. "Something happened."

"Peeta Mellark. Thats what happened...my god he's sweet." I say making her give me a confused look.

"Isn't he a major player?" she asks.

"Umm..I think so but I like him." I say.

"Look..Katniss. Be careful. I don't want you to get hurt." she says. I nod.

"I know Annie." I say. She's right. I got blinded for a minute but I gotta watch out for Peeta. He's gonna hurt me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good??? I hope sooooo. 

Nikki :)