Chapter 33 Scared

Peeta POV

Finally after a week Katniss was let out of the hospital. I told her I'm taking her back without letting her from my sight and that she's sleeping in my dorm. Nobody will find out because they're too lazy on their room checks anyway. We sit in the car on the way back, she sits in the passenger seat looking out the window smiling. The radio plays soft music and cool fresh air floods into the car through my open window.

"So...your doing better?" I ask. She smiles and turns back to me.

"I feel a lot better. But they said I have to stay on my medication to make sure my whole system stays up and running to recover from the poison." she says tightening her seat belt. 

"I'll make sure of that." I say making her grin even more.

"I know that Peeta. But....do you think its smart for me to sleep in your dorm?" she asks worried.

"What? Are you scared?" I ask worried as I stop at a red light.

"I am...not for me. For you." she mutters wrapping her arms around herself.

"Katniss, don't worry about me so much. I will be just fine. It's you I'm worried about." I say reaching over and running my fingers through her hair. "But I will do everything in my power to keep you safe no matter what." she smiles.

"Thank you Peeta." she says softly. Most of the drive is quiet, she's still in a lot of pain. The doctors at least explained that whatever was in her it attacked her insides, ripping them up pretty bad or something. Soon we're there and we get out, walking slowly to her dorm. "Peeta.....could you please stay here the night?"

"Sure Kat." I say making her grin. She opens the door and is welcomed by Annie and Clove who both give her big, careful hugs.

"We missed you so much Katniss!!!" Clove says. "And..Peeta."

"Wow." I mutter as we sit down on her bed. 

"Why are you here now?" Annie asks.

"Cause I asked him to sleep with me tonight." Kat says frowning. They look at each other, then me then nod.

"Alright why not." Clove says. "So Katniss how are you?"

"I'm doing okay, still in a lot of pain but that's normal right now." she says rubbing her stomach. "Peeta drove me home."

"Thanks Peet, we couldn't. Classes." Annie says. I smile and nod. "Now that your staying here what you planning to do with Kat here?"

"Sleep, nothing else. Don't start now." I say making her and Clove giggle. I roll my eyes and lay back against the wall. Katniss leans back against me and closes her eyes. I run my fingers through her hair, holding her close when Annie's phone goes off. She grabs it, smiles and rushes to the bathroom. The only private area here.

"Hey Kat I'm gonna run down to the Cafe and get some snacks. You want something?" Clove asks.

"Umm...those cheese buns they make there." she mutters. Clove nods and heads out, leaving us finally alone.

"You like cheese buns?" I ask twirling her hair within my fingers. She grins with closed eyes.

"God yes...they're so good there." she says softly. I smile and lean down, kissing her cheek.

"I'm glad your getting better. I think I know what happened." I say rubbing her sides.

"Natalia?" she asks looking up. I nod. "I was thinking about it in the hospital but thought how would she even get access to the Cafe's things anyway." I frown.

"Well your right on that." I say looking out the window. "Maybe it was just a mistake or accident." she nods.

"Maybe. I don't want to go around blaming people. Some workers from the Cafe came to the hospital and apologized. I think they just didn't want to get sued." she mutters slumping further down against me.

"I think so too but its nice you know?" I say running my fingers through my hair. She nods.

"I know but it makes me feel like more of a burden to people. I just want to live my life get through college and just......move on." she says. I smile as my fingers tangle within her hair making her smile and mutter something.  

"Your no burden to anybody baby." I say.

"I love that." she mutters.

"What? I ask looking down to her slightly.

"You calling me baby. Its........hot and loving at the same time." she says making me grin.

"Really now? Well that's always a great combination." I say. She giggles and looks up to me, pulling me down for a long, loving kiss. Her lips full of love but......something else. Something like fear or sadness. I pull back and look down to her. "What's wrong?"

"I'm scared Peeta. I'm scared to go out, I don't even wanna go back to class." she says. This isn't Katniss. She's normally so...strong and fearless. Now...like a scared little girl. It breaks my heart. What happened effected her more then she'll say.

"I won't let anybody hurt you I promise you that okay Kat?" I say rubbing her hand. "I promise."

"I know, please just stay here for tonight and tomorrow we'll go to class together." she says snuggling closer to me.

"So....your forgive me?" I ask lightly. She grins and nods, closing her eyes.

"Forgiven." she mutters making me the happiest man ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for the late update everybody I hope you all like 

Nikki :)