Chapter 10 My Broken Heart

Katniss POV

The bell breaks the kiss and we jump apart. Shit...this isn't supposed to happen. If Annie or Clove find out I'm dead. What do I do? 

"Stay here!" Little Katniss screams in my ear.

"Uhhh..I forgot something at my dorm.....I gotta go." I say before jumping up and running down the hallway and out of the main building. I run to my dorm and inside, scaring Annie so much she screams hurting my ears.

"What the hell Kat?!" she yells.

"Annie, sorry...I didn't mean to...scare you." I say walking in and sitting down.

"Its fine. What you in such a rush for?" she asks. I catch my breath and look at her.

"Nothing, just..thought I get some running in." I say. She looks at me with disbelief but nods.

"How was class?" she asks. I shrug and lay back.

"It was okay." I say but the only thing in my mind is the kiss with Peeta. Its distracting me. 

"Katniss!" she calls making me jump.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I was telling you about the guy we got to flirt with you." she says. My stomach twists.

"Yeah? Who?" I ask.

"My cousin Danny. He's only 20 and is willing to do it." she says. I smile and nod but my heart is breaking into a thousand pieces. "Call Peeta. There's a small party in the park tonight. We're gonna go there and meet him and Danny." I nod and take out my phone, my hands shaking as I dial his number. Soon after three rings he picks up.

"Hey Katniss." he says, his voice as sweet as gold.

"Hi, sorry I ran off." I say. 

"Oh its okay." he says. "Whats up?"

"Well there is a little party in the park tonight. Would you like to come?" I ask.

"Yeah! Sure, I'm free tonight." he says. I smile at the thought of seeing him.

"Great. I'll see you then." I say before hanging up. Annie smiles.

"Awesome. Lets get ready." she says standing up. Oh...no.

~A Few Hours Later~

After hours in the bathroom and Annie going over my whole body, making sure I look perfect. She shaved and waxed every hair away, plucked my eyebrows, did my makeup, everything. I'm wearing a simple green dress with white, open toed high heels. A little golden necklace and a white bracelet. And she sprayed me with the best smelling perfume ever. Like...sweet roses with a hint of fruit.

"You...look perfect!" she says smiling. "Come on, lets go." I nod and we leave the dorm, walking down to the boy's dorm to see Peeta. He looks more then shocked to see me.

"Wow..Katniss....you look...amazing." he says. I smile and look down.

"Thanks." I say. He smiles as well and we make our way to the little party. Its pretty nice. We stop at the bar.

"Danny is the one with dark brown hair." Annie whispers before walking away to join some others. I look and see him, looking at me with eyes full of lust. Either he's some horny bastard or a really good actor. I look down as I feel Peeta's arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks. I smile and nod as our drinks come. I take a sip. "Hold on, I'm gonna ask my friend over there something about the next game okay?" I nod and he walks away, just in time for Danny to walk up.

"Katniss Everdeen. My cousin told me you were good looking...but damn...your hot." he says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Yeah..back off abit." I say trying to push him back but he holds me tighter.

"No...fuck that deal. I'm gonna make you mine tonight." he says. I start to panic abit and push harder but his grip doesn't budge.

"Let go!" I say abit louder.

"Come on Kitty." he says leaning down to kiss me.

"Let me go!" I yell just as somebody tears him from me. Its Peeta. He slams him over the bar and throws him to the ground.

"You touch her again and you'll regret it." he says. Only then do I see that Peeta is alot taller and stronger then Danny. He frowns and stands up but backs off as Annie comes up.

"Whats going on?!" she says kneeling down. Peeta pulls me close.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I nod.

"I'm fine." I say looking up to him to see his eyes full of worry. 

"Good." he says stroking my cheek. I smile and lean into his grip, feeling nothing but safety and happiness. At least he passed this test. Only one left...and it scares me to death.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who thinks Peeta will pass the test???

Nikki :)