Chapter 7 The Tests

Katniss POV

"Annie!" I say opening the door to my dorm making her jump and fall out of her bed. 

"Damn it! I was doing my nails." she says standing up. 

"So?!? Your a bitch right?" I say making her glare at me with that 'bitch' look.

"Thanks." she says sitting down.

"Welcome...so I need your help with something." I say. She gives me a confused look. "Its about Peeta."

"Ohh..lord...just get with him." she says rolling her eyes.

"No..I wanna test him." I say making her smile. "Can you help me?"

"Oh hell yes I will" she says. "Okay..what are you thinking of?"

"I don't know...maybe...different tests? Like...if I'm a bitch, or a depressed mess. Stuff like that." I say. She nods and looks down.

"Start with being like...carry my books, do this, do that. Make him do everything for you. See how long he holds. A day...maybe two and your good." she says. I nod. "Then....do something depressed...like cry...about EVERYTHING!"

"Like?" I ask. 

"Umm....like...grades..worried about exams..home sick." she says. I nod just as the door opens and Clove walks in.

"Hey, got a free period. What you doing?" she asks sitting down next to me.

"We're gonna play with the player." Annie says making me smile

"Who?" she asks confused.

"Peeta Mellark. Likes our little Katniss here but we won't let him have nothing without a test." she says. She smiles evilly and nods.

"Sounds really good." she says. "What you got so far?"

"Bitch and depression." I say.

"OH! How about....make him jealous and..see if he's trustworthy." she says. I nod but somewhere in my mind I feel its wrong. To use him like this. To hurt me maybe too. 

"Katniss? You okay?" Annie asks.

"Is this really right? To to something like that? I mean....I don't wanna hurt him." I say. She stands up and walks over to me.

"How many girls has he hurt in the past Katniss?" she says. I sigh. She's right.

"Yes...I know." I say. "Its not me..hurting people like that." she nods.

"I know but its to see if he really loves you." she says. I nod and stand up.

"Alright, well I'm going to the dance with him. At least, of all things let me play me okay?" I say. They nod. "Good."

"But until then..lets plan out the first one. The bitch." Annie says.

"Alright, what do you want me to do?" I ask. They smile and start to talk but...I have the horrid feeling that something is gonna go wrong.

 ~Later~

Annie rushes me out of the dorm. We decided to go to the park and study abit for upcoming exams. We walk out of the dorm building and down to the large park, surrounded by the stone walls to keep unwanted visitors out. It kinda sounds like a prison but we're free to leave and return as we want. We find a nice spot so we sit and pull out our books.

"So you sure we should do this to Peeta?" I ask. She sighs and nods.

"Yes, I'm sure. We gotta test him cause I won't have you hurt and in tears." she says. Annie was always kinda protective of me but it gets worse when it comes to boys. 

"I know...its just not like me to purposely hurt somebody..or use them. Whatever this is." I say looking down. She rests her hand on my shoulder.

"Its going to be okay." she says. I nod just as a football hits her shoulder. She jumps and screams lightly but calms when she see's what happened. A boy, our age with dark blonde hair, good built and average height jogs up. None other then the famous ladies man Finnick Odair.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you." he says kneeling down.

"Its fine." Annie says handing him the football.

"Your...Annie Cresta right?" he asks looking closer.

"Yeah..why?" she asks confused.

"Oh...I just had my eyes on you for a while but never had the chance to say anything. Plus we lived in the same town." he says.

"Ohh...oh yeah! Finnick Odair. You were in my class." she says making him smile.

"That's me." he says. "Say....would you like to..maybe hang out sometime?"

"Well....I mean..." she looks to me with eyes asking me what to say. I smile and nod. "Sure, why not!"

"Great! How about....tomorrow? 5pm?" he asks.

"I'm free then. Pick me up at my dorm, 251." she says. He nods.

"I'll be there, you ladies have a wonderful day now." he holds his hand out, she takes it and he brings it to his lips, placing a light kiss upon it making her blush bright red,. He does the same to me before heading back to the others.

"Annie! You like him!" I say making her smile.

"Yes...I do. I mean look at him! He has the body of a god!" she says making me laugh. Finnick is called a ladies man but has never really had a girlfriend nor has he broken hearts. As far as collage rumors go.

"I'm happy for you. I bet you two would be perfect." I say.

"If it works but come on, lets get to studying." she says. I nod and we look back to our books. I guess everybody is finding love right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry guys! My mom was gone and I was alone with my dad and we were dogsitting and AHHHHH!!! Stresssss!!! But I hope this makes up for it.

Nikki :)