Chapter 9 Test Gone Sideways

Katniss POV

I open my eyes at the sound of the alarm. I turn it off and sit up, rubbing my sleepy eyes. I look to see Annie and Clove still sound asleep. Just as I start to get up I remember the whole 'test Peeta' thing. The thought makes me cringe but I'm gonna do it. Somewhere they're right and I can understand them just wanting me not to get hurt. I climb out of bed and walk to the bathroom, closing the door and turning on the light. I look into the mirror, my dark long brown hair messy, my eyes full of tiredness. I just look bad. I sigh and turn the shower on, stripping from my clothes and stepping under the hot water. After washing up and get out and dry off, pulling on some fresh clothes. I walk out and see Annie awake, smiling.

"Hey, morning." she says rubbing her eyes.

"Morning." I say sitting down. "I have an exam today."

"I know, you study?" she asks. I nod. That's all I ever do. I sit here and study, listening to music and reading. That's really all I do.

"Well, I can't say I'm excited." I say looking down. She chuckles.

"Oh Katniss, you'll be fine. And today just be a depressed mess." she says standing up and walking to the bathroom. I nod. I don't wanna do this. Its gonna suck. I walk over to my desk, stuffing my things in my bag and leaving my dorm, walking down the hallway and out of the dorm building. I walk across the still sleeping courtyard. I finally get to the main hall where my class is. I walk through the large, oak doors and through the halls to see Peeta. Shit. Why does he always wait for me. He looks at me, his lips pressed into a hard line as his eyes are full of worry. I sigh and walk over to him.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." he mumbles. A tear fights to escape but I shake it off.

"No...no its okay. Its my fault." I mutter looking down. He looks up and his lips curve up to a small smile.

"Really?" he asks. Everything about him right now. The way he looks, his expression, the way he's standing, his hands knotted in a ball. He just looks like a scared little boy. It breaks my heart and the little Katniss in me, my subconscious breaks out in tears, scowling at me for hurting him.

"I'm just..everything is too much right now." I say looking down. "The exams, the fear, everything. I can't do this." and I to break out into tears. He wraps his arms around me, holding me tightly. I take this moment to just enjoy it, inhaling his scent. Its a fresh cologne scent. Men's cologne. Icey with spice. I smile but it fades as he pulls back.

"Its gonna be okay." he says stroking my cheek. Little Katniss jumps for joy and wants more. To kiss him, to feel his lips again but I can't. I pull back, tears stinging my eyes. "Katniss! Just kiss him!" she screams.

"Ahh....I just..ugh..I can't handle this. Lets just go in." I say pushing him aside and walking into the class. We find seats and sit down, taking out our books and reading through everything again. I sit there, trying to push my wants away. How can I do this? Hurt him so bad. Soon after reading countless pages the professor walks in and hands out the exams. We start our work. I sit there, sliding my pen through my fingers, thinking hard. I answer most of the questions as good as I can before getting to the last. 

"If you were to make the hardest choice of your life that depended on happiness but also for the favor of your friends would you if that all counted on hurting another?"

Ohhh...my god. What?!?! Little Katniss freaks out, throwing things around and stomping her feet. I shake my head and try to answer as good as I can. I finish and set my pen down, taking my exam up front and leaving the class. When we write an exam in a big class we get the rest of the day off. I sit down outside of the class, waiting before my phone beeps. I groan and pull it out, its from Annie.

SuprAni13: Heeyyyy, how was your exam?

KittyKat12: It was pretty good. I broke out into tears in Peeta's arms. I think if worked.

SuprAni13: Thats great! Everything will work out. After this its just the jealousy and trust test and we're done.

KittyKat12: What if he finds out and leaves?

SuprAni13: He won't, if he really loves you.

KittyKat12: Alright, okay...look. I'll write you soon okay?

SuprAni13: Okay, hang in there Kat. Luv ya xxx

KittyKat12: Luv ya too xxx

I look up and see Peeta walk out. 

"Hey, you good?" he asks. I let tears fall again and shake my head.

"No....I think I failed." I say. He kneels down in front of me and takes my hands. I feel his finger graze my jawline and he lifts my chin.

"Your gonna be okay." he says before leaning forward and kissing me. Little Katniss smiles and jumps in joy and love. I smile in the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck. I don't care about the tests right now, I care about Peeta and his perfect lips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heeyyy everybody! How was that??? What will Katniss do??? Also...is the Little Katniss okay? I wanna put her in some more chapters if you like her.

Nikki :)