Chapter 11 Smart Little Player

Katniss POV

The next morning is a pretty good morning. I feel so good that Peeta passed all tests till now and I hope the next one goes okay too. I showed before leaving my dorm and walking down to the park. I have a free period this morning so sit on a bench, showered by sun. I pull out a book to read. I open it and start, most is quiet other then a few students walking around. As I sit there I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Peeta making me smile.

"Hey!" I say happy. He smiles and sits down.

"How are you?" he asks as I put my book in my bag.

"I'm good, how are you?" I ask. He shrugs and leans back. 

"I'm okay. Slept kinda bad." he says looking down to his knotted hands.

"You okay?" I ask worried.

"What are all these things happening the past few days?" he asks looking up to me.

"What things?" I ask.

"You bitchy, you sad, this guy out of nowhere. I've been watching you a long time before we really...got together and this stuff never, ever happen. Whats going on?" he asks. Oh shit...he noticed! How is he that smart! 

"That's..uhh...well I..." I say but I have nothing to say.

"The truth." he says standing up. I sigh and stand up as well.

"My dorm mates were worried about you just wanting to mess with me so they came up with these tests. It was stupid and I felt really really bad for it cause I didn't want to hurt you in anyway or make you feel bad but they kept making it sound right to me...I'm sorry Peeta. I really am." I say taking my bag and turning to leave. I get a few steps before I feel his pull me back. He turns me around and surprisingly kisses me.

"I'm not mad." he says after pulling back. "I'm just happy you told the truth."

"How'd you figure it out?" I ask.

"I'm not that dumb just because I have a bad reputation here about playing girls." he says smirking. "Plus your kinda easy to figure out." I look down.

"Not funny." I say making him laugh.

"I think it is." he says. I pout and looks down. He pokes my cheek lightly.

"Hey, I'm not mad. I think its kinda funny that a girl would do so much to see that I want her. But I only figured it out when you were getting flirted with." he says. I nod.

"I'm sorry Peeta."  I mumble. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close.

"Ohh...Kat is okay." he says kissing my cheek. "Its really okay."

"I'm glad you found out. I couldn't have kept it a secret forever."  I say. He nods. "I'm still sorry."

"Its alright Katniss." he says poking my cheek making me smile. "I don't take things like that too hard." he stands up. "Come on, lets go get something to eat." he holds out his hand. Little Katniss loses her mind and jumps up and down, telling me to take his hand. I smile and do so we start our way down the paths of the park.

"Your smarter then I thought." I say making him smile.

"I'm stupid just because I play football and was a player." he says. "Why do you think I'm in collage?"

"I don't know. Are your parents rich?" I ask.

"My parents are dead. They died when I was younger. I lived with my grandparents and they were rich. They sent me here." he says. "They wanted me to become something big since I had no parents to care for me when they were gone."

"Oh...I never thought. I'm sorry about them." I say. He shakes his head.

"Its okay. I didn't know my parents well enough." he says. "I was only 3 years old."

"I'm sorry about that." I say. He smiles.

"Its okay. My grandparents didn't ask if I wanted to come here." he says. "But I'm glad I did."

"Why? Why not do what you want?" I ask confused.

"I just think I'll have better chances if I'm here." he says. '"And I do like it here." I nod.

"That's good. I'm glad your here." I say. He smiles and soon we're out on the street. I know I should be calm but I'm worried. What if he's lying and he's planning something against me. Now I'm gonna be stalked by paranoia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry about the late update guys. I hope this is okay.

Nikki :)