Chapter 18 Hospital Visit

Peeta POV

We sit in the hallway of te hospital, Katniss at my side holding my hand shaking. I hold her's and try calming her down  but she won't listen. Her mother is the only thing on her mind right now. Then a nurse comes out and looks at us.

"Katniss Everdeen?" she says. Kat stands up and nods.

"Yes." she says as I stand as well.

"Your mother is stable and under heavy pain medication." she says looking us in the eyes.

"What happened?" Kat asks gripping my hand tightly.

"She got into a bad car crash, the doctor can tell you more. He's inside." she says before opening the door. We walk in and over to the doctor. He looks at us.

"Your Katniss Everdeen her daughter?" he asks. She nods and looks to her mother. She's in a neck brace and her heads covered in bandages. "Who's this?" he looks to me.

"My boyfriend Peeta. What happened?" she asks tearing up.

"She was in a car crash with no seat belt. The crash launched her out of the windshield and into a nearby ditch." he says. "She got away with a cracked skull and a twisted neck. Just twisted abit to far and strained the muscles but she'll be okay." Kat breaths heavily and smiles. "She won't wake up for a while. You can stay or head home. We'll call when she does." Kat shakes her head.

"I'm staying here." she says looking to me.

"Me too." I say. He nods and leaves the room. We pull two chairs up and sit, Kat holding her mothers hand and mine, waiting for her to wake.

~A Few Hours Later~

"Peeta?" I open my eyes to see Katniss looking at me. "Wake up." I sit up and rub my eyes.

"Whats going on?" I ask.

"She's still not awake." she says sadly. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into my lap, kissing her cheek.

"She will soon, I promise." I say holding her tight. She sighs and snuggles into my arms as I rest my head on her shoulder and close my eyes just enjoying the moment.

"A nice boy." we jump and turn to see her mom looking at us with half opened eyes and a little smile.

"Mom!" Katniss jumps off me and looks to her. "Your okay!" 

"Of course I am." she says reaching up and stroking her cheek. "Who's this?"

"Peeta, my boyfriend." she says. I stand up and take her hand, shaking it carefully.

"Pleasure, I wish we could have met differently." I say making her smile.

"Oh no I like this. This is unique." she says making me chuckle.

"Are you okay mom?" Katniss asks.

"I'm fine, just a little sore and whoozy from those drugs they gave me." she says looking around. "Hospital?"

"Yes, I was so worried about you." Katniss says. 

"I'm alright little Kat. I'm fine, right here in front of you." she says smiling and taking her hand. "And now I find out you have a handsome boyfriend." I smile. "I hope your watching out for my little Kat."

"I am Mrs. Everdeen." I say wrapping my arm around Katniss's shoulder.

"Please, call me Kate." she says smiling. Hmm...Kate Everdeen. Cool.

"Where were you going mom?" Katniss asks.

"I was coming to see you. I thought I'd be nice." she says. Katniss smiles.

"That didn't go so well huh?" she says making her laugh.

"No it didn't. Oh well....I'm here now. When will they let me go again?" she asks looking around.

"I'm not sure. We'll have to see. I'm sure soon." she says. I nod just as the doctor walks in. He smiles and walks over to her mother.

"Good to see you awake Miss Everdeen." he says. "I hope your feeling well." but Kate seems a little gone.

"Wha..oh I'm feeling great now." she says making me feel a little weird. 

"Well I'm glad, I have to do a few tests if thats okay." he says. She smiles and nods.

"Anything Dr." she says sitting up a little. What is it abou adults that flirts thats nasty and weird? I shake my head and look to Katniss.

"How about we go get something to eat?" I ask. She nods and we walk out and down the hallway.

"That was weird." she mutters.

"I know....thats why I was like Naaahhh...I'm out." I say making her laugh.

"Yes I saw that." she says. We walk down the hall to the Cafeteria. We walk in and get some food, sitting down and eating.

"Tell me about your mom." I say. She thinks and smile.

"She's cool, was always really lose and such. We were always close." she says. "She loves you already." 

"Well I'm glad. The last thing I need is a pissy your mother." I say making her laugh a little.

"She was always pretty lose and fun." she says. I nod and we eat before starting our way back with some light food for her mother. We walk in to see the doctor sitting and talking to her laughing. We stand there abit dumbfounded.

"What? He's funny and nice." she says. I nod and walk over to her, giving her her food.

"I hope this is okay for her to eat." I say.

"Thats perfect, light food. Smart boy." he says. "I'm Dr. Abernathy." he holds his hand out. "But call me Haymitch.

"Aha....Peeta Mellark." I say shaking it.

"Well Kate I must be on my way but I'll be back soon." he looks at her with eyes full of......lust? Eww...and leaves. I look to Katniss who has an 'oh my god thats gross' face. I shiver. Weird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I am so damn sorry. I know. I'M BAD!!! YOU SUCK NIKKI!!! But I just started college and was really busy and blahblahblah but I'm back and I should be updating regularly now for you all so yay!!! LOVE ME AGAIN!!! PWEASE!!!

NIKKI :)