Eat your words

Okaru pov
My little gomai (I nicknamed her mai) is in my arms softly snoring while my mate is doing the same, but resting on my shoulder.
Goten is perfect to me. I love him. I have been blessed with our love and I promise to keep it as strong as possible.
I wonder if Goten was worried while I was gone? Though I do know it to be so when I left him in anger once before. But I will never do such a thing again.
His hair is soft and silky, voluminous as my fingers trail through it. Gotens sleeping figure rises and falls gently with each breathe and I truly think to myself: how beautiful
It's mesmerizing the way he looks at me when we speak and I feel every shivering passion from him when we make love and I can't wait to do so again when he wakes up from this slumber of his.
Mai shifts in my grasp and I understand it's time for her sleep which I'm sure has been long awaited by the youngling.
I place a pillow beneath my mates head and make my way upstairs to the childs room to put her off.
But-something is....cold.
Something is....freezing.
The window is open in the dark and I rush to shut it, mai wobbling slightly.
The window is closed and the curtains stop moving but I'm stilled feeling a chill.
I don't like it.
"Okaru. Do you know what it's like to lose someone close to you?"
My head whips around to the sound of the cold voice and my chin quivers at the sight of him.
"F-frost!"
He snickers and looks down with a slight glare.
"And to think you had at least some set of morals for your rulers. But you went and allowed those filthy rotten apes to murder my cousin in cold blood. How do you think I feel right now? Quite disappointed id say."
My arms tighten smoothly around my baby girl who stirs a little at the noise.
"Y-you leave me alone! This isn't your galaxy!"
He shakes his head again and leans back to the wall.
"No but it is my business seeing as it's my family deaths that you're involved in. First it was Frieza, then it was Uncle Cold, now it's my cousin Cooler and I'm all that's left. Do you really expect me to just sit on the sidelines while my species begins to whither off?"
I shake my head in response and hold mai closer to my bosom.
She twitches but breathes out softly.
I want to call out. I want to call out to my mate. I want to call for the prince.
I know that I am no where near as strong enough to fight this creature.
But I don't want him here either.
"What do you know about me? Why have you come here of all places? I wasn't the one to kill your cousin."
Frost smirks.
"Maybe not, but you were part of it. And besides, I thought we were old pals?"
"Th-" I step back as he comes closer. "That was a long time ago!"
He tsks and folds his gray skinned arms.
"So tell me, who is your mate now? What is his name, Goten right? I wonder how he's handling your stubbornness. You always were a little too on edge don't you think?"
"I-I was on the proper amount of edge! I always stayed agile in the right moments so-so don't mock me!"
He taps his cheek playfully but it's sick.
"Boy, you sure are no fun."
I feel my left foot rise and go back a few inches, slowly backing out of the room.
Frost doesn't seem to notice as he stares at the cradle and runs his finger along the edge.
My breath quivers and my grip around the swaddle of my child tightens in my arms. She ignores it and rolls closer to face my chest.
She can't possibly meet her fate here
Not when we have come so far
I hear an exaggerated yawn come from downstairs and I realize it's Goten as my eyes widen, Meeting the smiling orbs of Frost.
"Sounds like someone is awake." Mumbles frost.
"Oka? You up there? I wanna say goodnight to the little one if you're putting her to bed-"
"Not now Goten!" I whisper Yelp. He continues to walk up the stairs sluggishly and my heart beat quickens again.
"W-what do you mean I'm just-ah!"
He is at my side in an instant when he sees the intruder in the house and he instinctively puts his arm around me and the baby.
"WHO ARE YOU?! And why do you look like cooler?!"
Frost glares tiredly and makes eye contact with me as if to say something but I just shove the baby into Gotens arms and try to push him away but frost tsks.
"Ah-ah-Ah. That baby is why I'm here don't just think you can run off with it."
I growl and brace myself.
"That's MY line you Bastard!"
A crash is at the front door downstairs and suddenly Kakarot and the prince are by my side in the doorway and I stare wide eyed at them, perplexed.
"How did you-"
"King Kai called me! Long story! You don't know him!" Kakarot rushes and the prince focuses on tending to my mate. He puts an arm over the youngers shoulder and walks him back downstairs and I assume out the door to a safer place.
Kakarot looks at frost and points a thick finger.
"You were the real threat weren't you! That's what cooler meant! Who are you!"
Frost rolls his eyes.
"Golly you seem like quite the cheesy heroic type don't you? Little do we know you're probably extremely unstable and weak. Am I right?"
The tall Saiyan gives a smug smirk and relaxes his back a little.
"You're gonna eat your words you know."