Caved

Vegeta pov
I figured it best if I handle the situation, considering Kakarot doesn't know all too well about our Saiyan logistics.
Gohan was staring me down harshly and I was unable to tell if he truthfully meant such an evil look or not.
"It's more simple than you think, brat. But I will explain it in terms that you would understand."
He humphs and crosses his arms squinting at me.
Kakarots hand slips underneath the table and grasps my knee and I can't help but blush slightly.
"It's...a Saiyans natural instincts to have a mate. On our planet back then there were certain ways of finding your love. Your grandfather, Bardock found his with the female Gine. She was a nice woman. Anyways, it was uncommon to have females amongst the Saiyan race however, so it was only normal to mate with another male. Your father and I happen to be mates."
He pushed up his glasses, bringing his stare back to my eyes and I tense slightly.
"And what exactly is a.....mate?"
I look towards Kakarot and smile feeling more calm.
"It's the Saiyan you will live the rest of your life with. Which is basically forever."
The brat gurgled in a fit of sarcasm.
"Sure, YOU and my dad, GOKU. The guy you have always been trying to KILL are mates. Yah that makes sense."
I growled and stood, Kakarots hand leaving my presence and the table creaking as I slammed my fists onto it.
"This is a real thing you ignorant brat!" I spat out. His face contorted to concern but I ignored it.
"I love Kakarot and I can't help it! There is no stopping it and it's going to be this way as long as I can help it so you get used to it or I will do something so drastic no dragon alive will be able to bring you back! Got it?!"
Gohan gulped and I heard Kakarot whisper my name. I was so enraged that he could treat this so ignorantly that I turned on my heel and ran up the stairs to our room, slamming the door.
I laid into the bed and sighed, running my fingers through my hair.
"I'm sorry if I made him angry. I'm sure he is right I just, I'm not used to this is all. How do you know he isn't just using you dad?"
I could hear them talking downstairs so I craned my ears to listen.
"Trust me son, I know. And Vegeta may be a harsh guy sometimes but you know he wouldn't use anyone like that. Have a little faith. Besides, I believe him enough to love him back. And I do."
"I know, I'm sorry, it's just off putting is all. Unexpected from either of you."
"I understand. But maybe since you are a little easier accepting than most, you could help the others accept it too when the time comes?"
"Ah. ofcourse dad! Um, I have something to do, so I'm gonna head out and let you two sort this On your own alright? "
"Yeah, thank you."
"And dad? I'm not against it. I know what it's like to have.....tendencies. So don't let him think I disagree. I just, I don't know how to handle it yet."
"You don't have to son. Just be supportive."
"Alright."
"Goodbye."
"Bye."
It was only a few minutes later that I heard my mates footsteps prance up the stairs. For whatever reason I started to gain the notion that he would come up and yell at me for out bursting like I did towards his son. But instead he opened the door, advanced to the dresser, pulled out some clothes including my Saiyan gear and tossed it at me.
"Let's spar. We have about an hour and a half till nighttime so let's use it."
I stared blankly, increasingly surprised over the fact that he was completely ignoring what had happened.
It was nearly robotic as I stood and began to put on my sparring clothes.
Goku pov
I watched secretly as Vegetas back tensed and relaxed when putting on his shirt. I had never really noticed the large amount of scars on his skin.
So many battles....
"K-Kakarot?"
I perked my head up to the sound of his voice and met his gaze. He was worried.
"Hm?"
"Is.....is it bad? Are we....are we going to be in danger?"
It was very unlike him to ask questions like that and I realized what he meant.
"Oh..haha! No no we are gonna be fine. Trust me."
"But-doesn't earth look down upon our sort of ordeal?"
"No. Not anymore. In the 60s maybe but it's the 21st century Vegeta. People like seeing couples of the same sex."
"S-so, you won't be...." He looked down at the ground with a frightened blush.
"Won't be what?"
"Persecuted?"
"Not really."
"What do you mean exactly by not really?"
He sat down next to me and I could tell he was very serious about this conversation. No doubt he had been in trouble before for something similar. Maybe that's how Retaru met his fate...
"Well, you see, not everyone agrees with the idea of two males being together in a romantic relationship, but it's more and more popular thought the past few years. In fact, I think Gohan....."
"What?"
"I'm not exactly sure."
"Oh. " my prince looked to the side towards the bedroom door that was shut and he sighed, thinking. "He loves trunks doesn't he?"
"Well, the future one yes. He misses him. And your trunks is only about 15 now. Where as Gohan is nearly 20 so.... It's hard for him."
(We are just gonna go with my wish that saiyans don't age past 30 ok? I like that we can keep our sexy saiyans young.)
He mumbled something under his breath and continues to avoid eye contact with me yet looks at the ground in front of him.
"I always thought I saw something strange of the look in future trunks eyes when he looked at gohan. I believe something happened between them before your son died in their universe. "
"Do you think they are mates maybe?"
"It's very possible. But it would be strange if they got together when you and I are together. I mean what if we have a cub and-"
I shook my head ecstatically, "wait! We can do THAT?"
Vegeta looked at me with a smile and a nervous blush tinting his face from his ears to the bottom of his cheeks and across his nose.
"Um, well, yes we can."
"Have you ever had one?" I asked excitedly. But I didn't make a second thought to it before I realized that I shouldn't have asked.
He turned away and stood with a dark look covering his expression and left the room without saying a word. I caught my breath and looked down, my head in my hands.
"I'm so oblivious. How could I ask him that?"
I said to myself gripping my hair. I heard the door to the front slam shut and I realized he had left.
In something like this, I couldn't help him really. He needed to be alone. If he wanted me to follow him he would have yelled at me. But he didn't. He was silent.
But one god awful question remained in my mind in the stuffy silence of the house.
How had he lost the child?