Chapter 1

I gazed somberly out of my bedroom window. I couldn't help but miss my ex-boyfriend, but I was only kidding myself. He was a fool and a complete idiot. How could he have cheated on me after all this time?

I made the decision last week. It was time for me to find a new place to live. I couldn't go on living in the same space that I used to share with him any longer. Jason was relentless, he was texting me every day, leaving me a countless number of calls, begging me to come back, but I just ignored his pitiful attempts. 

I trotted down the creaky stairs and into the living room. My dad and mom hadn't arrived home from work yet. Ever since the breakup, all I have done is sleep. I slept for almost 11 hours today, but despite that, I was still so tired. Leaving Jason drained the energy from me, and the exhaustion seemed to add up more and more every day. 

I swung opened the front door and picked up the newspaper that was laying on the balcony. I closed the door behind me and opened the newspaper to the real estate page. To my surprise, there was a lot of advertisements for cheap, affordable housing. One, in particular, caught my attention. It was located in Brooklyn and from the looks of it, it looked amazing.

I began to feel excited at the thought of starting a new chapter in my life, and all I could think about was how much I wanted to take a look at the apartment. So I decided to go. 

I left a message for my mom on the kitchen counter, before scurrying out the door.

'Be home late. Heading to Brooklyn.'

xoxo Emma.

--

After a long drive, I finally arrived at the apartment building. It appeared to be absolutely breath-taking. It was a true Brooklyn-styled building.

I climbed out the car and closed the door, grabbing my handbag from the trunk and heading inside. The door you enter into the building of the street looked almost romantic, it was stunning, If an object could give you butterflies, this door did. 

I pushed the massive door and stood in the middle of the ground floor lobby. There was a big cozy lamp and old fashion patterned carpet.

"Wow" I sighed in amazement slowly taking in my surroundings. I walked up the stairs and took in the scene of the beautiful paintings on the walls. "This is incredible" I almost whispered to myself. Suddenly a man stepped out of the elevator and looked at me.

He looked up as he exited the elevator and gave me a sweet and gentle smile

He looked up as he exited the elevator and gave me a sweet and gentle smile. I was taken off guard, he looked rather attractive. His smile was intoxicating, it almost killed me on the inside. He was so handsome, his attractiveness was something I had never seen before. 

"Hello there, I'm Jeffrey" He chuckled sweetly, holding his hand out for me to shake it. "Sorry I didn't introduce myself. Hi... I'm Emma Greene" I replied and shook his hand.