HERE WE COME BRAINTREE!

The weather was fine, perfect for travelling. I have a little bit rest but I am good. We can’t stay at the apartment for that night and have to go to my parent’s house which I found the safest place. I have to drive 3 hours going to Braintree but I know it’s worth it.

Taylor loves to travel to Braintree. She gets excited seeing my parents because they treat her like their daughter. I knew how she wished she got parents too. I felt so sorry for her because she got nothing but herself and of course me who love her so much.

It was around 9 at night when we arrive at my parent’s house. I saw my mom from my car walking around the dining area, preparing foods. I missed her home made delicious foods and now I’m here again, I can eat the foods she used to cook. I wonder why they have a late dinner for tonight.

I park my car on the drive way and dad opens the door. I shut the car off and go out the car. I hear my dad scream my name and mom comes out running towards me and dad was following her. She was wearing a big smile on her face and throws her arms around me. I hug her back. I hug my dad and he whispers my name. I really miss the two of them. It’s been 6 years since I visit them; we just talk on the phone. I have been so busy about Taylor.

“Look at my Nicholas. You seem so tired,” my mom says, looking at me with weary yes. I kiss her on the forehead that makes her smile. She was still the same, so beautiful.

“Why you didn’t call us?” dad asks.

“It’s a long story, dad,” I answer and walk around the other side of the car.

“Are you staying for a week her son?” daddy asks again walking to the baggage area of the car.

“Maybe.” I answer. I open the door and unlock the seatbelt o Nicholas. “Mom. Dad,” I call out. My mom’s eyebrows rise to response. And my dad ignores me.

I pull out Nicholas and make him stand up in front of me.

“I went here to tell you I am a father now.”

My mom raises her two hands on her mouth to cover it. She was shock and her eyes can’t believe what she just heard and see. And my dad pauses while carrying my bags.

“Say hello to your granny’s,” I tell Nicholas and push her slowly so he could walk over to mom.

“Hi,” he greets in shy manner and look at me.

“Look at that boy. He looks like our young boy Nicholas before,” dad says, giggling. He drops the bags on the ground and grab Nicholas and he carry it. I chuckles. “Good we have a late dinner for tonight!”

I’m expecting about that since my dad really wants a grandson.

“Let’s talk inside. It’s too cold here now,” daddy says. He walks first having Nicholas on her arms. I grab the bags he drop on ground and carry it myself.

“Mom,” I call out. “Mom comes on,” I say as she looks at me blankly.

I take all our things out on the car, daddy was on the living room talking to Nicholas and mom continues preparing the dinner.