BUDDIES NIGHT OUT

It was a month now since I last heard about Taylor’s case. I patiently wait like what they told me. Sometimes I don’t know if there is still a chance to trail them back but I hope for it. I can’t give up now; I should keep myself strong for her. If I will stop it now, I know the chance for us to reunite is less than 5 percent. I, myself find it hard to find here and I know it’s been so hard also for Detective Gabby. He was working for me since the day I lost Taylor and I know he was eager too to find her.

I was not in the mood but my buddies want me to join them in their night out. They insist me to come, so I did. I can’t just sit down the whole days of my life in my apartment and wait for a miracle. I want to unwind and build up more courage, I really need it.

The music from the bar hit my eardrums that I can’t hear people talking. I’m not fun of going to a place like this, but what else can I do? My friends want this bar stuff. I control drinking in alcohols because I am not a drunkard like some other guys do and I do not smoke, even the smell of it, I hate. I’m not a kill joy person, I just stop drinking alcohols because Taylor always reminds me that it’s not good in health and the smell of cigarettes brings out her asthma.

“Want some?” offer Erick, showing me some sticks of cigarettes.

“Beer is enough,” I refuse, showing him the bottle of beer in my hand.

“Relax bud. Enjoy the night,” Andrew says, nudging me.

They went dancing while I was left, sitting and drinking beer at our table. I can’t enjoy in a place like this because of loud music that I can’t relate. Only country music can make me dance and sing.  Then a girl come up, sits down beside me.

“I’m Cassandra,” she introduces herself, sticking out her hand to handshake. I take it. “Don’t mention your name. I know who you are,” she said, squeezing my hand.

I take my hand and she giggle. I drink my beer and glance at her. She was playing her glass of wine with her fingers.

I almost throw up my beer inside my mouth when she rubs my thigh with her hand. I take a big gulp and push her hands away.

“What’s wrong Nick?” she ask me whispering into my ear. I push her away from my body.

“Respect me, so I can respect you too,” I insult her.

I don’t like girls making those silly moves, it doesn’t turn me on, it just makes me think that the girls who hang out in bars are not good enough. I am a conservative person and I don’t like that kind of thing.

“Hey Bud!” calls out Justin, he saw me walking out the bar. “Where are you going?!”

“Home!” I simply answer.

“The night is not yet over!” he chokes.

I turn around and keep walking until I reach my car. I didn’t enjoy it, and it was wrong coming with them. Whatever I do, it won’t change the situation and nothing can take my pain away.