HOSPITAL

I saw two mobile police car park outside. Maybe Detective Gabby sent them. I rush to the information area to ask about the kid.

“Welcome Mr. Nick Santino, what can I do for you?” the front desk nurse assistant asks me.

She was aloud and the other people hear her, so they went up to me and greet me. They sound so annoying asking for a fan sign and pictures but I ignore them.

“I want to know where the kid that a woman bought in here last night,” I ask, saying it aloud for her to hear me since the people are too noisy.

“He was transfer a while ago to a private ICU room on 5th floor,” the nurse politely answer me.

“Thanks,” I said and walk out hurriedly while staying my head down.

The people still chasing me, they don’t have any plans to let me go. I feel so piss of them but I just can’t turn to them and yell to leave me alone.

I close the elevator as fast as I could and push the button going to the 5th floor; the other people standing at my back are murmuring something. They also recognize me. When I reach the 5th floor I run towards the said room and found out the police was guarding the room. It gives me a relief.

One of the police opens the door for me when they see me walking towards them. I nod my head to thanks them.

A woman doctor was in the room checking the kid’s vital signs. I fake a cough so she will pay attention to me.

“If I’m right you are Nick Santino?” the doctor asks me, turning around. I nod. She was the one who see the kid abandon on the street and the one who called me up.

“Is... Is that the kid?” I stammer, feeling so nervous.

“Yes, he was,” she stated.

I walk slowly to him, he has oxygen, dextrose and he had a bandage around his head. I bit my lower lips due to my fear and take a long breath.

“Optimus,” I whisper.

I want to embrace him but I can’t. He was badly hurt. I hold his hand and rub it gently.

“Is he the correct child?” she asks me, smiling to me. I just nod.

A tear feel on my eyes, how I wish I could take away his pain. A little boy suffering from all of this doesn’t deserve it. How cruel this Jacksman is.

“How is he?” I sniff.

“He is a little bit fine now. All I am waiting is for him to be awake,” the doctor answers me.

“Thank you,” I said.

“I am a doctor, Mr.Santino and I’m glad I helped you,” she sighs.

The doctor left the room and it’s just me and my little son. More tears come down and I thank lord that he gives me a chance to see my son again. But I ask him another thing, and that is to give Taylor back to us.

“Hey buddy. You should wake up now and let’s have a crazy drive around again,” I said, holding his hand so tight and I can’t define the feeling. It was like someone has given me a huge gift today.

I left him for a moment and get outside the room. I need to call my buddies, I’m sure they will love to hear that I found Optimus at last.

“Sir, Detective Gabby is on his way. He’s arriving 20 minutes from now,” one of the police informs me.

“Thanks,” I said, tapping his shoulder. And he smile. “Can you look after him and don’t let anyone get inside until I arrive?” I requested and they nod. “I just go grab some foods for us and some kiddie things.”

I want Optimus to wake up seeing some balloons and toy cars around him. His room was too boring so I need to create some happy views.

“Bud, so what’s up?” ask Erick on the other line of my phone.

“I found my son!” I scream, laughing while walking.

Then a nurse hiss me and I giggle.

“I’m going there right now for you buddy!” he screams and hurt my ear. Then he drops the call.

I was in the elevator when I ring up Andrew.

“Hey bud, I was little worried when Anna called me. So what?”  Andrew burst out.

“I found him! I found my son!” I scream again without caring that the people with me in the elevator will hear me.

“Wait me there bud!” he put down the call and I giggle.

“I found my son,” I announce to the people standing at my back who keeps murmuring.

After the ride at the elevator, I ring up Justin.

“Hey bud, Andrew and Erick is driving 3 hours for me,” I inform.

“You’re totally insane for doing things like-“

“I found my son,” I break in.

“You did?!” he screams. “I’m coming!”

I’m so happy knowing they are going to drive to Washington just for me and my son. The feeling is so unbelievable, it’s like I want to scream as loud as I can and challenge Jacksman one on one on a fight. I promised myself, I will keep an eye on my son and make myself to be the best dad for him.

My mom will surely glad to hear that she’s a grandma now, but on the same time I have to prepare my long explanations on why it did happen. They are not aware what had happen to me and Taylor, I keep it a secret and I know it will going to make her mad at me for keeping it a long time.