DRIVING

“I will leave dirt on your car seat,” he warns me.

“It doesn’t matter,” I smirked. He carefully sits down and looks around my car.

I was driving with no place to go. I don’t know why I bring this kid with me but I can’t leave him alone and let him walk around the place. He told me that Jacksman hated him and he was not feed three times a day like other kids do. If Jacksman came home drunk, he always stay outside the house, sleeping or walking down the street finding food in every trash.

“What’s your name?” I ask.

“Jacksman called me son of a bitch and my mom called me Optimus prime,” he answers me.

It was not a definite answer. Maybe it was just his nickname. I couldn’t believe Jacksman will call a little boy like that.

“I mean your real name,” I chimed in.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I want to ask mommy but I haven’t talk to her for so long.”

I felt so sorry for him.

The red stop was on. I look at him, he looks so happy and head move from side to side. I look at my watch and its quarter to four pm.

“You enjoy the ride?” I ask, resting my head from the glass window of my car as I look at him.

“This is the first time someone give me a ride. First time I ride in an expensive car and first time having a friend,” he crowed.

And again he reminds me of Taylor. He is just like her, get easily happy in small things that had happen in her life.

I decided to put down the window so the kid can see the view more and can feel the air outside. I see the green light flashing and I dash.

“I’m giving you a real ride bud” I excitedly say.

I drive as fast as I could and I was so happy that he was not scared of how fast we go. He keeps on shouting and I can hear him say, go fast. That ride ends up at Anna’s. It was really unplan move.