UNEXPECTED

A familiar name came flashing in my phone's LCD. I hurriedly put the left earphone to answer the call that is seem important. Of course, why he would call me when we don't have contacts for long. That makes me wonder.

"Nick?" he utter, not sure if it was me or not.

"Speaking," I answer, still driving my car to fetch my son at his school.

"We need to talk," he informs me.

If I can remember. I end up Detective Gabby's work. So I don't know what's his reason are to contact me again. He's not working for me anymore.

"About what?" I simpy ask. 

"About her."

My heart beats faster. My palms get sweaty and I felt so hot all over my body. I slow down the speed of my car. I don't know if I heard it right or just imagining things that he will tell me. Then he told me the address that I'm going to meet him. I dont know if it was right to come and see Detective Gabby but I want to give a try.

I called Anna if he can fetch Nicky for me because I have an important meeting at Hudson River Cafe. I didn't told her the real reason because I know that it wasn't sure unless it's proven by me.

I enter the restaurant feeling nervous about everything that will I hear from Detective Gabby. He catch my attention by wavng his arm from where he reserve a table for both of us.

"Long time no see Nick," he said. Grabbing my hand to hand shake.

"Glad to see you today," I said and then we settle a sit, facing each other.

I grab the menu book. I am not hungry but I feel so empty inside of me.

"Why-"

Before I could finish my question, he cuts me off. Maybe he senses that I was so nervous that moment.

"I'm doing this not because I want some cash. I'm just doing my job, not because I can have a bucks out from your pocket but because you are my friend."

I pop my eyes from the edge of the menu book and was really shock of what I heard from him. I'm so thankful that he was still here helping me though I end up paying him when I get my son.

"Actually Nick. She's working here as a waitress," he added. It shock me more.

"Your kidding are you?" I confirm it. Raising my eyebrows.

He nodded his head to answer me "NO".

So, I was wasting time tracing those far places to search for her and then she was just around Manhattan all this time. I drop the menu book on the table and take a deep breath.

"Food?"

"Taco please and one glass of ice tea."

"Okay."

I was looking out the winow when the waitress come to the table. Detective Gabby says the order and when I hear her say again what we take, I hear a familiar voice. I look up and saw her.

She was Taylor. I know her and I can feel that Detective Gabby is right.

I stand up from where I was sitting and face her. She was shock and drop the pen and paper in her hands.Maybe she didn't expect that we will meet that day. I was about to hug her but she take a leap backwards.I smile but she hurriedly grab what she drop and walks faster towards the kitchen.

I sit back and look at Detective Gabby.

"Nick, she was living with a guy who help her out from Jacksman's hands."

"No, we are engage. We have a kid."

"That's not a problem because you are not married."

I couldn't believe she did it.

I decided to wait for her to end up her shift. I need to talk to her and clear things up. I can't go home not listening to her explainations. She's gone for about 7 years and I do deserve to be explain of what had happen to her. I have a lot of time to do that. Not just for me but also for Nicky, our son.

It was 10 PM when the cafe close. I see her walks out. I hurriedly walk out from my car and grab her arm.

"Let me go!" she screams. I know I scared her.

"It's me!" I scream back.

She calm. Takes a look at me and I slowly let her go.

"Taylor," I whisper and hug her.

She push me away.

"I been looking for you for so long baby," I said, slowly.

"Why are you here?" she ask.

"My detective told me you are here. So I came."

She looks around us. 

"Aren't you happy seeing me again?" I ask. So pathetic of me.

"It's my off tomorrow. Tell me where can I meet you and I'll go," she says.

I give her Erick's place address and she just left instantly. It was worst day ever. I thought she will be happy now that I found her but as what I see the situation is. She wasn't. I'm so disappointed about it.

I drive to Justin and Anna's place to get Nicky. The two of them are still awake when I arrive.

"He was waiting for you," Anna says when she open up the door.

"Thanks a lotfor letting him stay," I say.

"What's the problem Bud?" Justin ask.

I was so weak that I hug him and then sob like a kid that had lose his favorite toy. I told them why and that shocks the both of them.

"Maybe, she wasn't ready yet, Nick," Anna concludes

"She's totally change."

"You're ging to talk with her tomorrow. So it's time for both of you to talk about the problems and things that is running on her mind."

That night was the most terrible night ever. I don't know how to deal with my feelings and the things that was bothering me. I can't sleep and I just watch Nicky having his good night rest without knowing that tomorrow, he will meet his mom.I can't figure out what will happen tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

I am very confuse of what's happening.

----------------------------

My GOD !! I couldn't believe I am using notepad just to write this and the following parts. I can't download Microsoft word on my computer. It sucks !! :/

Anyway, thank you for the likes and follows.

Please do tell your friends about my story. :)) And follow me of course. It means a lot to me.

Plus if you have something to tell me. Just message or comment. I'll be glad to answer it.

mwahhh!! love you all ..