"I'll explain later. A mass shooting happened between your guys and Dominguez's guys."

"How many?" Gio asks his voice turning harsher than I've ever heard it.

"I'll explain what happened in the car, we don't have anytime," he says giving me a glance before turning his attention back to Gio.

"How. Many. Men.?" Gio asks individualizing each word.

"Thirty four," he says.

"Dead or alive?"

"Giovann-"

"Dead or alive father?"

"Dead,"

Gio cusses under his breath before in Italian before punching the wall causing me to make a sound.

He turns to face me and the look on his face is unrecognizable. Hurt, regret, and most of anger.

He gives me a glance before grabbing something in a box from his closet and heading out the door not daring to give me a glance back.

__

Gio's pov:
I step in the car slamming the door shut before turning to face my father.

"What happened?" I ask my voice bitter.

"Dominguez has been in and out of our territory and the last time we were up against his men, we killed over half of them. Including his brother in-law," he says with no emotion on his face.

I loved that about my father but also hated it at times. When times were rough or something was going on, leave it up to him to be as calm as can be and to not show any emotion whatsoever.

"We should've killed Dominguez right then and there but we'd didn't, instead we let him go and that is the reason why we're in this predicament," he adds on.

"Why didn't anyone tell me about all this? Or that we were having issues with Dominguez again?" I ask the anger in my voice very present.

"It was my comman-"

"Why?" I ask rubbing my fingers through my hair frustrated.

"You were with Nadiyah, the men knew better than to bother you," he says calmly.

"No, when it comes to my men, you come and tell me before you command them to do anything. They're my family, she isn't," I ask upset with myself for being to caught up to focus on what was going on around me.

"Son, this isn't your fault."

"Save me the bullshit, this is all my fault. I put a girl before my men and this is what happens 34 men dead because I couldn't be a leader," I say bitterly.

We step out of the car and go towards where the bodies of the men lay.

34 dead men with each bullets in either the head, the heart, or the stomach lay before me scattered all over the ground with the now red battleground.

I close my eyes and let out a silent prayer before opening my eyes.

"Where is Huey?" I ask.