Chapter 42

-Kim POV-

"It looks good." I said standing back and admiring the extra room in Hayes new house that was completely transformed.

"Well yeah! You know I painted your very first bedroom." My dad said sliding his arm around me.

Hayes chuckled. "Hannah told me you messed it up so she had to redo it."

"Thank you! Someone who believes me." Mom kicked my dads butt playfully.

Dad laughed. "The point is that, I'm happy you're letting me do this for little Paisley."

I smiled at Hayes who caught my eye and winked. He made my heart do several backflips. I blushed and pretended to not have noticed that.

"I'm glad you're on board G." Hayes went on put the finishing letters to Paisleys name above her changing table.

"Yeah dad." I added. "Its just so much better."

"I know." Dad kised my forehead then moved on to help Hayes set up the crib Katherine and David got for us.

"Kim?" Isabella tugged my hand. I smiled at her. "When Paisley gets here, can she sleepover at my house?"

I chuckled. "Why don't you ask Hayes."

Hayes loved Isabella so he picked her up and spun her around. "You can even sleep over here with Paisley, I think she would love that."

Isabella was thrilled.

After a few minutes, I kissed Hayes cheek. "I've gotta pick up some CDs at the Music Inn."

"Want me to come?" Hayes asked me a low voice. My mom and dad were busy finishing the crib. They all insisted I relax and watch them.

"I'll be okay." I smiled as Hayes slid his hands around my waist.

"Okay then." Hayes slid my hair behind my ears and let his finger linger on my neck. One simple touch made my heart hammer.

"Love you." I kissed the corner of his lips, teasing him a little because he wanted more.

"Hmm love you." He chuckled a little let go of me. I blushed as I caught my mom and dad glance at us.

-

I had ordered Shawn Mendes' new CD because he was basically my uncle and I'd been a fan since I could speak so I had to.

"Thank you." I grabbed the bag after paying the cashier who had asked me if I was Jack Gilinsky's daughter.

I was still in awe because my dad was old. Who even remembered him after all the years after Magcon ended? It was weird to me because I can't imagine girls fangirling over my father.

"Bye." The lady smiled sweetly to me as if I'd do a favor for her. I waved nevertheless.

Just as I walked out and was about to walk across the parking lot, I spotted a familiar face. I had a good mind to turn around and walk away but apart of me wanted to stay.

"Hey Nate." I said with a smile. I didn't know what to call him but dad definitely wasn't it.

"Kimberly." Nate said with his hands in his pocket. "How are you?" His eyes slid over to my stomach.

I shrugged. "Fine. How are you?"

"Good." He smiled. "I didn't get a chance to say it but congratulations, I didn't know you were expecting."

I didn't feel awkward or weird about Nate. Maybe I'd just out grown all the resentment. I know Finn and I exposed him to our family once before but now I didn't really despise him.