Chapter 28

-Brielle POV-

"Kim you have to stop okay!" I yelled and pulled the box of patches we had gotten. "You're out of control."

"I'm fine." Kim's hand shook. "I don't need help!"

I scoffed and pulled the baggie out of her hand. She made a face and pulled it back with more force. I hadn't seen her act this way over anything before.
Before I could protest, Kim's bedroom door was pushed open, revealing her parents. Their eyes fell on the drugs in Kims hand.

"What the hell is going on here?" Jack yelled murderously. Hannah gasped beside him.

My eyes widened, Kim muttered a curse under her breath. She hid the baggie behind her but it was too late for that.

"Brielle and Kim!" Hannah scolded in outrage.

Jack walked up to Kim and grabbed the bag out of her hand, Kim held onto it without giving in. I wanted to slap her and tell her to just give it to her father.

To recap you, I had come by earlier to fetch Kim and found sniffing this shit in her bathroom. I hauled her over to the store to get patches so she could quit it - but that didn't work.

Hence, here we are.

"Its not what you think." I protested hoping to get some clarity. "I just - "

"So this is what you two have been doing?" Jack roared in anger. "Doing drugs? Hannah call Matt."

"No wait a second." Kim let go of the bag. "Brielle had nothing to do with this...she was trying to help me."

"Kim." I whispered. I was going to get into trouble with her regardless of the consequences.

"Why the hell would you do this to yourself Kim?" Jack shook his head on disappointment.

I looked at Kim. I had only noticed now how thin she looked, the dark bags under her heavy eyes. Her hands shook as her eyes filled with tears.

"I have my reasons." Kim said in a harsh voice. I was taken back as Kim's sassiness was put away when she spoke to her parents.

"Kim." Hannah said, tears falling down her eyes. "You can't he serious."

Jack was red in his face. His fists were balled up as he surveyed Kim - I couldn't tell what he was thinking but disbelief was all over his face.

"I can't - I don't understand where we went wrong." Jack shook his head in pain. "All we ever did was give you the best Kimberly!"

"And this is how you thank us? By doing drugs." Hannah said painfully.

"This isn't like you!" Jack raised his voice. His fists were shaking.

I wanted to intervene but even I was baffled at why Kim would do this to herself. It wasn't like her and it didn't even suit her.

Hannah looked at Kim up and down as if she didn't recognize her. Her eyes landed on Kim's wrists. I followed them and my eyes widened.

"What?" Hannah grasped Kim's hand up and looked at the slits on her wrists in shock. Jacks eyes widened too, he didn't even utter a word this time.

Kim yanked her hands away and stepped back. "It isn't like me to do drugs huh? Well get used to it. I'm so sick of everyone expecting me to be perfect!"

"Kim - " I began.

"No!" Kim yelled. "Everyone of you expects me to pretend that I'm a perfect daughter or best friend! Its like I can't be real here."

All of us stared at Kim, this hidden emotion unraveled and she was ranting on. I slapped myself for not seeing that she was hurting and I doubt the reasons were fully explained.

"I've always been hiding - " Kim stopped herself. I knew what she wanted to say.

Kim would never admit it - but the situation with Hayes had triggered this weird behavior. It all made sense to me.

"Hiding what?" Jack demanded. The cold look in eyes scared me.

"My feeling!" Kim added smartly. "I feel crazy and I feel alone!"

Then all of a sudden, she burst into a fit of tears. I was surprised as she buried her face in her hands. My heart broke.

Jack's eyes had softened too as he watched Kim break down. He pulled Kim into his arms as she burst into tears.

"I can't do this anymore." Kim sobbed hard as Hannah's wrapped her arms around the two.

"You'll be okay." I added and joined the group hug.

-Jack POV-

Three hours later - after finding Kim and Brielle in the room with drugs - we all sat in the living room.

I watched Kim stare blankly at the floor - her eyes were empty as she hardly blinked. It killed me to see my baby like this.

"We're gonna get you help." Hannah said softly as Brielle held her best friends hand tightly. "You're gonna be okay."

"A rehab right? That's the help." Kim laughed bitterly. "I'm not a crazy person!"

"Honey we know." I spoke. "You just have a problem and we're gonna help you get over it."

Kim scoffed but tears were slowly rolling down her eyes. She looked crazy. Brielle held her hand tighter.

"What we need to know is - " I began again. "- how this whole thing started out?"

"I don't want to talk about it." Kim said softly. "I really do not."

"Okay." Hannah gave me a warning look. "But we know a good place that can help you feel better and - "

"Mom I'm not going!" Kim yelled making Brielle jump. "I'm not fu - "

"Kimberly!" I warned her. "You're in no position to make decisions right now."

Kim fell silent and looked at the floor again.

"You were irresponsible about this whole deal so now you're going to live by our rules." I added.

Kim nodded. "Whatever."

"You're gonna start packing." I said calmly now. "And you're leaving to the center as soon as your mom and I make a call."

Kim looked at us. "You think I'm ruining my life?"

We all stared at her. She removed her hand from Brielle and stood up quickly.

"When in actual fact you're the ones ruining my life." She spat and walked off to her bedroom.

We all watched her walk away.

__________________
Ha! And you guys thought one of them were pregnant *smirk*

But the drama don't stop here.