Chapter 35

-Kim POV-

"Thank you so much for helping me with this Bri." I said to Brielle as we walked out of the school building.

"I don't come to school on a Saturday for just anybody." Brielle nudged me with a smile.

I checked my watch. "I can't believe how easy that biology paper was!"

"Told ya!" Brielle said as we got into her car.

I sighed. She looked over and grasped my hand affectionately. Brielle is so much apart of our family, I consider her family instead of a best friend.

"I know you're scared babe." Brielle nodded. "But you're gonna do this okay, you're gonna graduate with all of us."

I smiled appreciatively. "With your help, of course I will."

"Literally, you have the best mommy ever kid." Brielle rubbed my belly gently.

I laughed. "How wild is this?"

"Too crazy for me." Brielle laughed and started the car. "I can't believe you're going to have a baby with Hayes. I'm so happy for you even if this isn't the best circumstance."

"Not everyone is that supportive of us Bri."

"They'll all come around eventually, you have to understand that your dad thinks of you as his baby." Brielle said as she drove. "You have to give them time too."

I nodded. "You're very wise Brielle Espinosa."

"So I'm told." She flipped her hair with a chuckle and drove down to the local ice cream parlor because I was craving something cold since this morning.

"How are you and Finn?" I asked her, curious as to know what their status was now.

Brielle blushed. "He's such a loser but I love him."

I giggled shyly like a girl and nudged her gently. "You're making me blush for Finn."

Brielle gave me a look. "Funny. That's how Finn acts when I say he's cute."

"I am never doing that again." I said, pretending to throw up.

Brielle parked and we got out to get ice cream. A couple of weeks had passed since I came clean about my pregnancy. My bruises and marks were gone now and I was even back at school.

"What about you and Hayes?" Brielle asked as we got out and walked into the ice cream parlor.

"Great." I smiled. "He's been so helpful and supportive Brielle, I can't see why my parents dislike us so much."

"The other day he told me about the things he would do for you and this baby." Brielle said to me. "It made me want a Hayes."

I kicked her butt. "Hey, you have a Finn already."

Brielle chuckled. "What I mean is that, Hayes is the real deal here. I know you are only eighteen but...it seems meant to be doesn't it?"

I nodded as we paid for our ice creams. "That's exactly how I feel. The only thing left is for my family to just be there."

"Give it some time honey." Brielle said as we were back in her car on the way to Hayes' place.

When we got there, Brielle hugged me goodbye and drove off. I needed to study for my history test tomorrow which everyone already wrote. I was already tired.

Hayes wasn't at home so I had some quiet time to start cramming. I walked inside and shut the door wondering what time Hayes would be back. I missed him even though I had said goodbye this morning.