Chapter 31

-Finn POV-

My heart broke the second I saw my sister. I hadn't expected her to be covered in blood and look like someone had whipped her every day.

I looked at her sleeping in Hayes arms as I drove us back home. It was night time already. I couldn't quite guess what had happened and I was burning to know.

"They abused her there man." Hayes said as if reading my mind. "I can't believe they would do that."

"Just abused?" I asked but he knew what I meant.

"Her counselor." Hayes began. "Eric, the bastard, must have given her these hickeys."

"He didn't do anything -  "

"No." I said quickly. "Kim said no and I believe her."

"She wouldn't lie to you about stuff like that." Finn nodded. I glanced at Kim who hadn't let go of Hayes since we left the place. She held him tight as if afraid of losing him.

"Kim's gonna be okay man." Hayes said. "She was never hooked on those damn drugs and I can see it in her eyes. But this broke her."

I didn't say anything. I was angry at my parents for thinking they knew better. This time they were wrong.

"You didn't see the brokenness in her eyes bro." Hayes voice quivered. "It broke me too."

I didn't say anything again. I just listened and drove on. Hayes spoke and ran his fingers through her hair absentmindedly.

"I wanted to do more than just hurt that guy." Hayes said. "I never want to let someone who did this live and that scared me."

"Because you care that much. I feel the same way." I said truthfully.

Hayes nodded. "I love her so much Finn, what do I do? I can't let Jack stand in the way of that."

I surprised that Hayes was asking me for advice. He usually gave me advice on Brielle and girls in general. But the rawness of emotion in his voice spoke loudly.

"Then don't." I shrugged. "You and Kim love each other, you just saved my sisters life man."

Hayes shook his head.

"I'll stand up for you and Kim if my dad doesn't accept that...if you have to go against my parents then do it because you love my sister." I said.

"You think I should?" Hayes asked.

"Hells yeah! Nobody else matters in the relationship." I said firmly. "Both you and Kim need to realize that!"

"You're right." Hayes said quietly looking down at a sleeping Kim. "You are so right."

-Hayes POV-

We reached home and I told Finn to cut the lights. I didn't want everyone to freak out because the rehab had probably called Jack and Hannah by now.

Kim was awake now, she was still cuddled against me when she woke up from the nap. Nobody talked but we let the music play and it was much better than words.

Finn pulled up in the Gilinsky driveway even though it was my car we had taken. All three of us got out of the car and stood in the driveway.

"When I said home..." Kim spoke for the first time. "...I meant Hayes."

I looked up at her. Her beautiful hair all wavy - those brown eyes still looked the same except now they were filled with a brokenness. She was still the world to me.

Finn nodded in understanding. "Stay with Hayes tonight if that's what you need. I'll explain to everyone."

Kim hugged Finn. "I love you."