Chapter 18

Troye Sivan ft The Broods - Ease <3
______________

-Brielle POV-

Mrs Ackerman sat with us throughout the whole hour detention. I was so thankful for that because that meant I didn't have to pay attention to Finn Gilinsky which was extremely hard when he snuck glances at me.

I tried to be calm when I felt his dark eyes on me. The way he looked when he lifted his glasses up each time they slid down. I couldn't help admit that it was hot.

Mrs Ackerman is old. So she didn't even notice when Finn snuck a small note onto my table. I looked at him but he kept his eyes on his notepad.

I unfolded the paper and it read:

Forgive me? :(

I sighed and glanced at Finn who was already looking up at me with a pouty face, his glasses slightly askew. I stifled a giggle - how could I just give in this easily.

I wrote back:

Why should I?

Finn write back:

I love you...that's why :(

My breath caught in my throat as I read the three words that I didn't expect Finn Gilinsky to say to any girl especially not me. I kept my eyes on the small piece of paper, wanting to throw it at Finn.

What could I say?

Thankfully Mrs Ackerman was feeling generous and I think she liked me just a bit because she excused us before the full hour was up. I exhaled in relief, grabbed my bag and walked out quickly.

Finn still scrambled after me. I was out of the school building and almost at my car. Just as I was about to pull the door open, Finn grabbed my waist and turned me around.

"What?" I asked shaking his hand off.

He shot me a questioning look, his eyebrows knitted in confusion. I loved the way his eyes searched mine.

"Stop playing games." Finn spoke slowly.

I snorted. "You're playing games! I'm not Candice so leave me alone."

Finn bit his lip. "I uhm...I broke up with her."

I blinked. Okay yeah that shocked me a little bit because Finn was the most stubborn person I know.

"So?" I tried to play it cool like I didn't care but in my mind I wanted to call Kim up and tell her.

"Because I know how I feel about you Brielle no matter how much I try to deny it...I'm in love with you." His voice broke at the end. "Besides Candice asked me to write you off and I couldnt..."

I felt my heart race as Finn pushed me against my car - gently. I gulped, not sure if I should slap him or just go with it. So instead I stood frozen.

"I can't stop thinking about you." Finn whispered. "I want you."

"Finn - "

"I know what you're gonna say and you're right. I don't deserve a chance again but let me prove it you. Let me show you." Finn ran a finger down my cheek - was this happening.