Chapter 13

-Hayes POV-

It was bugging me I'll admit that. I mean really bugging me.

All I thought was Kim. Kim. Kim. Kim.

It was driving me up the wall. I couldn't take that anymore - I lit a cigarette to chill my mind. I couldn't be stressing over some shit that didn't mean anything. That could never mean something.

Nash walked out to the balcony I was standing in.

"You looked stressed." Nash said leaning against the railing.

"Nothing major." I shrugged, puffing a cloud of smoke after I said it just to seem nonchalant.

Nash snorted. "You're almost done smoking the whole box...and you're my brother."

I felt guilty. Since I've got here, I've been hard on Nash and his fiancé Cassidy. I've been a pain in the ass and I haven't even had an entire conversation with either of them. Haven't even congratulated the two on their engagement.

"Okay." I gave in. "I'm a little bothered but it's nothing to worry about."

"Hayes, you know that you can trust me right? Whatever is - "

"I kissed Kim." I blurted out and looked the other way.

Nash was silent, not expecting a confession that easy or a confession like that on its own. I bet he was thinking drugs but since hanging with Kim, I hardly do stuff like that.

"Please don't tell me Kim as in Gilinsky's kid - "

"The one and only." I nodded, I couldn't help the smile on my face thinking of how she felt in my arms. The smell of her skin against mine.

"Holy shit." Nash groaned. "Bro she's like 17."

That made my smile fade quickly. "Almost 18 actually."

Nash laughed. "That is so not the point here Hayes! Age doesn't even matter because if Kim was 18...Gilinsky would fuck you up."

"You think I don't know?" I said facing Nash who looked confused and shocked all together. "I'm not scared of G, I'm more afraid of how he'd treat Kim after he finds out."

"He can't find out." Nash said. "If he knows you messed with his daughters feelings - "

"I didn't mess with her feelings!" I yelled a bit too loud. I mean the first thing he thinks is that I'm messing with Kim.

"Then why do it?" Nash asked.

"Because...she makes me feel crazy! I can't explain it." I slammed my fists on the balcony railing. "When I'm with her I just get so lost and I can't control myself."

Nash just stared.

"We've been spending so much time together Nash, I didn't plan on this it just happened. She just makes me feel like I'm a different person - old Hayes."

"Oh man." Nash said in surprise. "Youre even opening up to me...you are a changed man! But I know what's happening."

"What?" I asked annoyed. I should have just kept this to myself.

"You're in love with Kim." Nash shot me a look. I didn't know what to make of it at the time.

I laughed. "Okay let's not get crazy - "

"No it makes sense." Nash said holding his hand up. "You've been coming home early lately, been family involved, quit doing drugs and partying!"

"That doesn't mean shit." I took a long pull of the cigarette looking at Nash's crazy stare of wonder.

"That girl you went clubbing with when Kim and Brielle snuck out...you sent her home when you got back!" Nash said with a triumphant yell and a laugh afterwards.

I tried to laugh it off. Make it into a joke as always but...

"No way." I shook my head. "I dont - "

"Okay fine." Nash raised his arms. "But just steer clear of Kim unless you want to create tension."

"There's no reason." I shrugged.

"You can start drama after me and Cass get married." Nash patted my back.

I nodded and he walked back inside. I just wanted to be alone then - I felt really annoyed at everything now. Nash paused at the door.

"This is probably the worse advice I could give you but whatever you do...follow your heart bro." Nash said with a nod.

I nodded back. Follow my heart.

-Finn POV-

Busted. Awkward. Weird. Confusing.

What else could I call this situation that just occurred at my house. I was at Rory's party when I saw Brielle walk in alone - I went over when I spotted guys gaze at her.

It was just protective instinct, I wouldn't want guys to look at Kim like that either so no biggie. But I didn't see Candice here so Brielle and I walked around greeting people and getting drinks. We even danced.

Then we were in my car making out heatedly. Brielle had some hold on me I couldn't resist. We decided to go back to my place since my family was at Isabella's ballet recital. Turns out Kim and Hayes were chilling there.

Kim knew. And it was awkward as heck even though she's my twin.

"I'll just head upstairs." Kim said rushing up the stairs after taking the ice cream on the coffee table.

I couldn't bring myself to look at Brielle in the eyes now. I felt like we rushed so fast and this was turning into a regret as we were made to stop and think.

"Can you take me home?" Brielle asked after silence between us.

I nodded. "Let's go."

We stepped back outside. It was stupid to even come here. Brielle and I would have taken a huge step without thinking and then what would everything be like?

I drove Brielle home as quick as I could just to stop the weird tension between us. There is definitely chemistry between us but I was torn between two. I couldn't rush into stuff I wasn't sure about.

I hated to say it but I wasn't sure about Brielle and I.

-Brielle POV-

I realized what a dumb mistake I was making as Finn and walked into his house to find Kim and Hayes there.

Those few moments of being caught trying to sneak in made me stop and realize that I didn't want to be second best. I didn't want Finn to be with mr out of the chance that Candice was busy.

I was better than that.

"Thanks." I said as Finn pulled up at my house. Things between us moved like a rollercoaster. Up. Down. Up. Down.

"Brielle wait." Finn said before I closed the door.

I looked at him.

"I'm sorry about tonight." Finn said. I knew he was sincere but this was getting a bit old for me.

"That's all you ever seem to say Finn, you know how I feel and I know you feel the same...even though you hide it."

"Its complicated."

"No its not." I said. "You need to grow some balls or you're gonna be stuck as Candice's little puppet."

This hit a nerve because Finn yelled, "This isn't about her!"

"Isn't it?" I laughed but really I wanted to cry but I just grew my own pair. "Stay away from me because second best isn't my thing Finn."

"You aren't - "

"I mean it, leave me alone because all you ever do is hurt me." I said with a hard expression.

"Brielle please." Finn said. "I don't want to lose you...at all."

"You already did when you decided to play with my feelings."

Then I shut the door hard.