Chapter 2

-Hayes POV-

Okay let's get one thing straight before I admit anything . I'm not a pervert. I mean sure I just think Kim Gilinsky is pretty fit. I know she's Gilinskys daughter but she's almost eighteen. And the things I could show that girl.

Stop.

I shook my head as I drove back to Nash's apartment. I'm only 24 - I can't be thinking of Kim in this way. But let me tell you that she isn't the skinny little kid I knew a few years ago.

But I wouldn't do anything like that or even hurt her. I mean how wrong of me would it be to make a move or even think about doing that with my friends kid. If anything I'd take care of her.

Even if Kim's a straight ten. Its just wrong.

When I got home, Nash was at work and his fiancé Cassidy wasn't in yet. I decided that i can't stay home like a loser, so I texted some old girl friends I used to know in Omaha and see if I could have some fun tonight.

I ended scoring a couple dates.

-

"Wake up man!" I heard Nash's annoying yell the next morning. My head felt like it was splitting in half from the heavy alcohol I had last night. And to make it worse he was banging on the door repeatedly.

"Go away." I groaned and rolled over, covering my ears. This didn't get rid of Nash, he barged in angrily making the door hit the wall loudly.

"Cassidy doesn't like finding random girls walking out the door in the morning." Nash said.

I turned over to find the cute blonde I brought home missing. Her underwear was still scattered on my nightstand. I chuckled and sat upright.

"Its disrespectful to me and Cass." Nash went on.

Nash took one look at the drug baggies on my nightstand. He shook his head in disgust. "You came back to Omaha to get yourself fixed."

I rolled my eyes. "Chill."

"You're acting like an idiot." Nash mumbled and walked out.

I felt angry and annoyed - nobody should lecture me about this when I'm old enough to do whatever. Nash's the one who insisted I should come back.

I didn't need to.

"Oh and get cleaned up because its like 3 p.m." Nash poked his head back in. "And we're going to Hannah's barbeque."

I groaned. "God no, my hangover is like blinding."

"She really wants you there." Nash said making me feel bad. I could be an asshole to everyone else but Hannah - she was always nice to me. I couldn't be that big of a jerk.

"Fine." I mumbled. "Just get off my back okay?"

I jumped into the shower thinking about last night. The alcohol, the drugs, the girls all helped feel less lonely. I guess everyone has their own reasons and that was mine.

-

We arrived at Hannah and Jack's place for the barbeque. I wasn't looking forward to the sun, the noise and socializing with the people I wanted to get away from.

I guess I could still hang out with Jack but I envied his luck. How on earth could he still keep Hannah who was amazing - and have kids and a house. He has everything.

When we walked out back my annoyance was like level five thousand. Everyone rushed up to me asking about what I have done the last few months - why I had left without saying goodbye.

I was polite and answered vaguely but when the tenth person asked the exact same question - I had to get away.

I walked over to Jack who was getting the grill going.

"All good?" Jack asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, it's just - "

But I stopped when a loud giggle sounded from the sliding door. Kim walked in with her hair in a bun. Her short tanned legs glistened in the sunlight and did that bright blue bikini good.

I noticed she was holding hands with some guy. His curly hair looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. They walked up to us - probably to say hi to Jack.

"Mrs G." The guy smiled and held his hand out to Jack who looked stiff but smiled.

"Cj." Jack shook his hand.

Oh yeah Cj Caylen, I remember how much Kim liked him a few years ago. Were they officially together? I think Kim could much better but what does that matter?

"Oh I forgot." Kim said. "Cj...you remember Hayes right?"

I nodded. "Sup kid."

And that was about as much as I talked at the barbeque so far. After Kim introduced her boyfriend - nothing else exciting happened.

-Kim POV-

The barbeque was going great. My family seemed to love Cj - especially mom who couldn't stop complementing him. He was so friendly and he just fit in. The only one being weird was Hayes - he was so secluded from the group.

I just headed upstairs to get some sun tan lotion before I got into the pool. After grabbing it, I walked down the hallways but stopped when a voice made me almost jump.

"Hayes." I smiled.

A smile appeared on his face for the first time today - I was sure of this. He stepped foreward.

"Remember when you were pale." Hayes looked at me.

I nodded and laughed. "I was pasty."

Suddenly, Hayes grabbed the sun tan lotion out of my hands. "Turn."

I turned. Confused. He hadn't done any thing to me so I didn't need to a bitch to him. I mean he was awfully quiet but maybe he's shy?

I inhaled when I felt cold hands and sun tan lotion on my back. Okay maybe he isn't shy at all. His large hands ran along my back and shoulders. There was a mirror in our hallway so I could see Hayes face.

"I could do it myself." I said quietly - not rudely but a hint of surprise in my voice was obvious.

Hayes shook his head. "But then you wouldn't be able to get into all those...special places."

I blushed as his hands slowly ran from my shoulder to my waist - along each curve expertly. I felt my spine tingle from his simple touch.

I meant to step away from him but his breath was sweet with a hint of alcohol that made me feel dizzy. It was so hupnotizing the way he knew which places I was most sensitive at.

"Uhm - " I started but my voice choked in my throat. Really smooth, Kim.

Hayes stepped back immediately, shot me one last look in the mirror and then he walked out of the hallways - leaving me to think about what just happened.

I straightened up - this moment meant nothing really. Just an old friend putting on sun tan lotion on your back? Totally normal.

I shook of the tingle and walked out to the backyard where everyone was either eating, swimming or lounging. I groaned when I realized Hayes had the sun tan lotion.

"You've been gone a while." Cj said when I walked up to him. "Hayes got the lotion instead."

I shrugged. "I guess I forgot where mom keeps it."

I changed the subject quickly because why would I want to talk about Hayes?