Chapter 27

1D - Walking In The Wind. My fave song ATM <3
_________________

-Hannah POV-

"You think Kim's doing okay?" Jack asked me as we walked through the grocery store that afternoon.

It was a month after Kim and Hayes had come back from their trip to New York. I wasn't sure what they were now as Kim had become so closed up and Hayes rarely visited.

"What do you think?" I asked Jack as he pushed the cart, he looked like a little kid again evertime we passed the cereal section. A small smile spread over my face.

Jack shrugged. "I know that she's hurting - I know my baby girl well enough."

"We should talk to her." I said picking out cereals.

"Get the chocolate ones." Jack pecked my cheek. "Please."

I chuckled. "You're such a kid!"

Jack smirked. "A kid can't do what I do to you." He spanked my ass making me blush.

"Ignoring you." I blushed and walked ahead of him, he followed me slowly and laughed.

"But I could watch you walk all day baby." Jack said with a chuckle in his voice.

I turned around and stuck my tongue at Jack. He had a huge smile on his face and just looked at me. A rush of love overcame me as our eyes just lingered on each other.

"Back to Kim." I said after a few moments. The energy between us was intense love - I could just feel it and so could Jack.

"I think we should just give her some space." Jack shook his head. "She's only going to push us away."

I nodded. "You're right. At some point, things may change."

Jack nodded, he's been worried about Kim for a few weeks and that touched my heart.

"We should keep an eye out of her though." I said. "Just in case."

"Good thinking babe." Jack agreed.

We were about to turn out of the food isle when we bumped into Kim and Brielle - unexpectedly ofcouse since Jack and I had come alone.

"HEY!" Brielle said loudly.

"Hi y'all!" Kim smiled toothily.

Jack and I looked at each other in suspicion. Brielle and Kim were supposed to be at school attending a lacrosse game.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked them, sighing slightly.

Brielle laughed. "Just getting some more of ....uhm ice for the game!"

"Yes! Ice!" Kim laughed. "That's what we're getting."

"You two buying alcohol?" Jack stepped forward and inhaled.

Kim snorted, took a step back quickly and pulled Brielle with her. "Come on dad! Don't you trust us?"

"You're acting weird so...no." Jack raised a brow.

"Well we have to go." Kim shot us an innocent smile. "I'll see you guys at home, don't worry about us!"

"Kimberly!" I began as she hooked arms with Brielle and turned to walk away.

"Love you guys!" Kim and Brielle yelled as they skipped away before Jack and I could even register the weird behavior.

"What are we gonna do?" Jack sighed and folded his arms. He was very bothered by this. "That's so weird of them...Kim wouldn't lie to us."