Chapter 4

-Hayes POV-

"Wendy's Wendy's Wendy's." Kim did a little dance as we walked into the building.

I laughed. "You're excited huh?"

Kim shot me a look. "You're not?"

"Uhm...I don't know?" I asked as we walked up to the counter.

The entire car ride here, Kim complained about being hungry. Then she said she was too tired to eat so I drove her home. But then she was hungry again - so here we are.

"God I'm starved." Kim whispered to herself after she ordered. It wasn't a regular meal I could tell you that.

I took my order and we waited - deciding to eat in my car instead of the hot busy fast food store.

"This is all on you." Kim grabbed her milkshake as I whipped out my credit card to pay.

I laughed. "Of course it is."

We walked out. "You're literally my hero Hayes Grier."

"Oh stop it you." I hip bumped her. Kim smiled at me.

So we spent an hour eating in my car and talking about almost everything random that came to Kim's mind.

"Why did you move back here?" Kim asked me while sipping on her double chocolate milkshake. "LA is way better."

"Just some personal stuff." I said vaguely but Kim seemed hurt that I didn't tell her.

"You don't have to tell me." Kim said with a smile. "I get it."

I chuckled. "Its not that Kim. Its not you at all, its just that I'm not proud of what I've done and you don't have to worry about that."

"I've done pretty bad stuff." Kim scoffed trying to make me feel better.

"Oh yeah?" I laughed. "I don't believe you would even try with Hannah and G as your parents."

"Hey! I've snuck out." Kim threw a French fry at me.

"To go to the library?" I raised a brow.

Kim rolled her eyes. "Okay maybe I lied but I've gotten detention before."

I laughed. "Oh wait let me guess this one please! You were caught without a hall pass?"

"Three times, I'll have you know!" Kim said proudly. "I would have gotten away with the third if the janitor didn't tell on me."

"God you're so bad." I couldn't help laugh.

Kim smirked and flipped her hair. "Thank you."

I smiled at her. She smiled at me. It was a moment between us. No major spark or urge to kiss Kim. It was just really good to talk to someone who wanted your company.

"I should get back." Kim looked down. "My dad will flip."

"Wouldn't want G worrying about his little princess." I said starting the car.

I caught Kim's stare once or twice as I drove her home. It was pretty cute. Oh no I'm even using the word cute.

-Kim POV-

As soon as I got home - my dad didn't even flip, he actually thanked Hayes for getting back before dinner.

He had dinner with us - it was mostly just Hayes and I throwing jokes around that nobody else could understand. Hayes didn't stay long though - he left shortly after.

"Its good having that kid around." Dad said as I cleared the table. "He's good for you and Finn."

I nodded. "He's fun."